Survival UK Forums

Full Version: Food Banks.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
do you think that the increasing use of food banks in the UK is an early sign of SHTF?
For some using the food banks the shtf has already happened but yes i do think its the start

bd
No.

I think it's an increase of the nanny state and the inability of people to prioritise their own needs and to provide for their families.

But that's just me.
Yes i do think tshtf in 2007/8 food banks ARE on the increase BY sheer demand plain and simple, do you think these people enjoy turning up at these places ?....I know some that do, its soul destroying ....find out where the nearest food bank is to you ....go and have a look ! let me tell you ....it will upset you....in particular the genuine ones....people who are glad to point a finger at these poor buggers are usually in full time employment or retired on a pension ....have a home,heat and food and can pay their way , i have news for you all, it could easy become YOU ...if you hav,ent got it yet THIS IS THE NEW NORMAL ......if you want to think about something THINK of your kids or the upcoming generations THEY are F..ked ! before they have even got started.
the gap between rich and poor is getting bigger but when you read about people in work using them that's a bad way for a country to be.
I do think things are looking up but only a bit , the next 5 years will be interesting too watch just how many more cuts can they make.
NO Sunna .....rich and poor no ! full time jobs set against part time jobs YES ....to make the statement rich and poor belittles the reason to the main problem of the WHY ...? Where are the jobs coming from ? take a look around the world...never mind across the channel ..job sharing will be next.
I have experience of my local foodbank through offering to volunteer. The amount of council interference for a supposedly independent organisation was horrendous. Because the council provided most of the funding, they told the foodbank who MUST GET PRIORITY for food parcels. Most times, if you had a job then you were screwed basically. Also they seemed to concentrate more on furniture donations for people with nothing rather than food parcels, yet every visit by someone (either food or furniture) just gets marked down as the same.
never had foodbanks when I was unemployed, very much a modern thing. did have 2 tins of meat courtesy of the EU, some form of food "mountain" back in the early 80s but thats it.
How many of the people using food banks smoke; drink; drive; have sky TV subscriptions etc.....
Quite a few of the unemployed ones we delivered to Dev. But again we were told we HAD TO deliver to them. Basically they ticked boxes on a council form so they got the stuff. It didn't matter if they were needing it or not. That's why I only lasted 3 shifts. I told them I couldn't stand the blatant corruption of it all. It's not like they even tried to hide it.
Pages: 1 2