Survival UK Forums

Full Version: I'm Back!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Life has been a bit frought what with the move to Manassas Virginia last July to be closer to family (I want to go back to Texas!). I'm here in the "old folks' home" while my wife is in a nearby care facility for advanced Alzheimer's Disease. She's going down hill fast now and hospice will take over her care this week. I doubt if she'll make it to this Fall.

Retirement isn't bad. I still have my dog, Tessie, and my ham radio rig, and I'm prepping as best I can for what I see coming (late August through September of this year is my guess). Thankfully my wife won't be around to see the shambles.

Meanwhile, I'm prepping... I have a new medical bag, re-equipped with new gear, all the outdated OTC drugs have been replaced, and a few new items have been added. I've also added a new Baofang 5 handheld 2-band tranceiver and joined the local ham club here. I've stocked up on batteries too. The car maintenance is up-to-date and the tank is full.

I'm still replacing the food stash that I didn't move from Texas, and I've added a gas grill on my patio for cooking. I've also added six gigabytes of ram to the computer so as long as there's electricity from a power inverter and an internet, it's useable.

Most importantly, I have a 2 month supply of dog food on hand so Tessie isn't worried at all! Big Grin

Keep the faith you'all, and watch out for Jade Helm!
Good to have you back squire.

Sorry to hear about your wife. Glad the move went okay and you're settling in well!

This Jade Helm thing..... Looks a bit suspect to me. What's the thoughts over there as to what's the real idea behind it? I've heard all sorts of crazy ideas, martial law through to removing Obummer.
Hey, Jonas, welcome back. So sorry to hear about your wife - hope you are o.k.
sorry hearing about your wife bud your both in my prayers , good to have you back
Welcome back. Our best wishes are with you and yours.
Chin up old chap, our thoughts and best wishes are with you.
Welcome back pal, i to am sorry to hear about your wife (i know a bit about that of late ) You take care JONAS you have friends here !
by the way September is the way i see it to , good luck pal and good health.
Sorry to hear about your wife mate
what is the basis of the anticipation for late August-Sept??

Is there a significant trigger event during that period?