Survival UK Forums

Full Version: hospital
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Took my misses to be admitted to hospital today and had to wait in a&e first ( for two hours ) i was getting a bit pissed with the wait but i could understand why twenty two people with sprains wrists ankles you know the bits
i couldnt believe it dont people know the difference between a broken bone and a sprain? ????
Cant we as a people just look after ourselves a little bit i used to come home with sprains when i was a kid my mother bandage me up and off i go part and parcel of growing up
it seems now one twitch and its hospital paople to bloody soft these days i fear

rant over

Bd
(17 June 2015, 21:53)bowdrill Wrote: [ -> ]Took my misses to be admitted to hospital today and had to wait in a&e first ( for two hours ) i was getting a bit pissed with the wait but i could understand why twenty two people with sprains wrists ankles you know the bits
i couldnt believe it dont people know the difference between a broken bone and a sprain? ????
Cant we as a people just look after ourselves a little bit i used to come home with sprains when i was a kid my mother bandage me up and off i go part and parcel of growing up
it seems now one twitch and its hospital paople to bloody soft these days i fear

rant over

Bd

I came home with a sprained wrist as a kid. My mum bandaged it up and off I went. Three days later it still hurt so I went to hospital and had my broken arm put in plaster for six weeks.
I hope the misses is okay BD.

I think it's a 2 fold issue.

1. Lack of education or real world experience.
People no longer realise that a cut finger is not an A&E requirement. A hurt ankle is not the same as a protruding bone break. Put simply, people are just soft. When I fell down a manhole and bust up my back, I was driven to hospital by a friend, went to A&E and it took me 30 minutes to walk from the entrance to the reception desk, my back was that bad. When waiting, one of the nurses got me a chair and asked if I wanted to sit down. I sucked it up and just dropped quickly to sit down. I will admit, I screamed in pain. So much so that 4 people looked over, got up and walked off. Obviously their emergencies weren't really emergencies. As a society we're weak.

2. Big Brother is Watching!
I think this is now a major issue for parents. With the state watching over everyone, if a parent's child gets hurt on a regular basis…bad parent! Take the children away. Clearly the children are being abused!!! And crap like that. When I was a kid and I bust my head open on the corner of the radiator (I was trying to do back flips on my bed, and bounced off awkwardly and hit my head on the corner of the radiator….oddly, I repeated the same trick at the age of 22 HAHAHAHAHA), they tried to keep me separate from my mother at the hospital, incase she had caused the injury. Any broken bones from a child now get investigated by Social Services and kid help abuse stopper gov group thingy. It's a lose lose situation.
it maybe because its so difficult to see a GP these days, it seems we have to make an appointment to be ill , so "little johny" get taken to A&E with every cough and sniffle.

of course all the teenagers with "alcohol poisoning" don't help either.
It is a bit of both. This society is run by limp wristed do gooders and they have brought us up to be concerned if you break a fingernail and get upset about it.

Plus the NHS is so screwed that if you want something checked by a doctor you can't get in so if you are concerned even if it isn't an emergency (yet) you have to go to A&E to get it checked and ironically Doctors are making this suggestion to patients as well. This overloads A&E which isn't designed for this use (if you can use designed for any NHS process)
This seems to be the new normal....any and everywhere, so what good is all the complaining going to do? ....are you prepared to do something about it? ......or do you feel powerless to do anything ? that,s the trouble ....if things don,t change around here....they will stay as they are.
Story on the news yesterday, 8 month pregnant woman beaten by two men who wanted to kill the baby, police attended and took her to hospital after waiting 70 minutes for an ambulance that never arrived, in Peckham, London.

If the Police can't get an ambulance what chance do we stand ?