Survival UK Forums

Full Version: tap water.......FREE
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
ok thanks , more cider sounds good , truck stops in the uk charge about £15 / £18 per night , all the different filtering ideas ok but room in cab big issue .
what I want , what I really really want is free tap water , its not as easy as you might think , on my drops , some places are ok but many don't let you wander about for security / safety reasons .
I sometimes do home delivery that's fine , but often when you ask to fill up they think your after a tip or a cuppa....im ok with that

so places in the uk .....with free tap water.....Heart
Don't all the petrol station forecourts have a free water tap next to the air hoses for topping up washers and radiators?

Can't you use that?
yep.....try drinking it.......Confused
It comes from the same place as all the other water......

Stick a puritab in it and some orange cordial.

Else just buy bottled water and be done with it.
anything that is piped under pressure and available to the public is the same minimum standard , only issue is some much older premises may still be running it through lead pipework...any modern service station is not going to have any lead pipes.....buy bottled for drinking if your worried use garage tap for cooking/washing ... bottled is pretty cheap nowaday's as long as you keep of the elite brands.
when I drove trucks for a living I always carried a bike either chained to the pallet rack, on the catwalk behind the cab or up in the airdam back space....I did this so when I put the tacho on daily/weekly rest I wasn't marooned in some godforsaken layby/trading estate/one horse town , you're then free to go out find shops/bars/restaurants...worked a treat for me , finding and fetching water should become a bit easier then.
that sir ..... is a top tip
thanks.
Just take 24 ltrs ?
Talking of village springs. I know that Buxton Derbyshire has one at the end of the high street.
I am still trying to figure out how one spends five days in a truck, travels for hundreds of miles unsupervised, obtains permission to sleep in the cab for hours,

and can not find a place to fill a bottle with water!

You have rejected every suggestion presented, dismissed all the common sense offered and the only thing that has caught your approval is roping a bike to your bumper.

Next you will be forced to ask how to transport all those empty bottles on a bike so you can search for the water no one will let you have!
Pages: 1 2 3