Survival UK Forums

Full Version: Can you change a tyre?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(18 July 2015, 23:47)Steve Wrote: [ -> ]Changing a tyre is different to changing a wheel. You should know both.

Well pointed out. I should have called it "Can you change a wheel". Thinking about it, I have never changed a tyre, but when in Iceland earlier this year, I was filling up my car and heard a weird pop sound from the garage nearby. They do some cool tyre changing in Iceland. Ever seen fire change a tyre? I've seen it, but never done it.
Get 1-4 £10 ones from scrapyard and conceal along bug-out route at(25% of distance?)intervals.
I have changed motorcycle tyres BY HAND in the past, I don't think i'd like to try it with a car or van tyre, I seem to remember NR a long time ago advising people to buy a full set of spare wheels and get new tyres fitted to them NOW so they are available post event when garages are no longer working.
If ever you need to reseal a tyre.....remove the valve pour in some petrol...about 2 egg cups.....grab a stick add some rag or paper ...light the rag ....stand back place over the valve ...boom.... one sealed tyre pump up with bike pump.....have fun men !
I can change a wheel & keep the trolley jack & wheel brace in the car. But when it needs doing, I ring the RAC. I want something in exchange for my £12 a month.

As for changing tyres, my dad made himself a tyre changer (a long pivoting arm with a curved blunt blade on the end to break the seal with the rim). Now when tyres need changing, we buy nearly new part worn's from a breakers yard for £10 a piece & he does it for me. The old ones get dropped at the tip on my way home.
Pages: 1 2