Survival UK Forums

Full Version: Health is prep number one!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The more I think about it, the clearer it is.

Maintaining your health and improving, is the number one prep a person can make.

Now I'm not talking about being superman, cross fit games, ultra endurance athlete, kind of fit. I'm talking about health in the context of, reducing the chances of becoming unwell, suffering a heart attack, stroke, or something like that.

In the last 100 years, more people have died from heart attacks and cancer, than earthquakes, tsunami's, and even war's.

There are more people suffering from obesity in the world, than there are starvation (scary stuff hu? Don't believe me? Look it up). So you now have more of a chance of dying BEFORE TSHTF, than during the process.

But let's say something major did happen. Those that are fit and healthy are hugely more likely to survive than those who are not.

Looking after yourself, a good diet, protection from the sun (reduce chance of skin cancer), and a healthy lifestyle, will be infinitely more useful than 100 tins of beans would be for a fat person who has dire health issues like diabetes and the alike.

An EOTWAWKI scenario may not be avoidable. But obesity and poor health related illnesses are.

Live well now, and you might live long enough to see TEOTWAWKI. Live badly now, and I promise you that you'll not live long enough to see things go tits up, and help those you love.
Never a truer word spoken
stands to reason really, if you haven't got your health all the stores in the world wont help you.
not much chance in the uk , I eat well and healthy a bodybuilding diet , but take tin fish small tin of saedines between 1 to 2 grams of salt depending which one you buy.
pilchards big tin 400g = 6/7 g of salt , im just off to the gym now iv had one tin of pilchards plus a tin of red kidney beans and a load of mixed veg [that will be 2 meals] but already at my max for salt .

they [supermarkets] stuff it in everything you must check the lables puls they will read sodum , witch is just another way of labling salt .

I think most folk in the uk eat at least twice the salt they should ie I slice of supermarket bread = 1g salt .

I think its a life con .... they don't want you to live long after they have had their use out you so with smoking ...drink ...fat...salt ...sugar their trying to kill us off to save money.

sounds harsh ....but think it through ....mass processed food is a death sentence ...they have known about for years and did nothing .

not a quick death ....just time enough to get your best years of work slavery and tax.
I agree, processed food is no good for you and should be used in moderation. we eat a mostly fresh diet, meat in moderation and plenty of fresh fruit and veg.
All good advice I'm quite healthy but could be better, but I never add more salt too anything !!
a lot of it is what nature gives you and what you get from your mum and dad .
ie marry a girl with glasses and your kids will need them , so marry the strongest fittest brainy tall blond blue eyed woman you can find and your kids will be super men / girls .
Sunna I think someone else tried that ,and it didn't work out so well Smile
I've gone down that route. My lovely wife is abnormally strong, very fit and healthy, and can outpace the majority of men and women in a 10 mile race. Our kids will be super strong, and very intelligent…if they're like their mother!
Strange this thread came up when I was thinking about posting this in the 'what preps are you doing' bit today.
I am also sorry to bang on about how much the book 'One Second After' got to me, it truly did though.
I can pretty much get by and adapt as I am not to much out of shape but my wife is the problem, by no fault of her own.
That book made me direct a larger part of my health prepping to cater for her diabetes needs (type 1) and I am thankful that my son has already built us a solar power system that can be static or bergen transportable.
So, today I used my One Click option on Amazon to buy a 12Volt cool bag to keep her insulin at a temperature which will keep it viable for as long as possible if the power was to go.
I shall also be building a Faraday cage to keep her bag and the solar rig inside along with a radio or two.

WHB