Survival UK Forums

Full Version: New 'SpareOne' mobile phonehas a battery that lasts for 15 years
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
As mobile phones have got more and more hi-tech, battery life has dwindled.
But the new SpareOne 'spare' mobile aims to change that.
It runs on one AA battery, and claims to keep its charge for up to 15 years.
The new phone - unveiled at the Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas this week - is designed as a 'backup' phone you can keep in the glove compartment for emergencies.
The idea is that you can keep it there without worrying if it’s charged or not.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/a...years.html
(10 January 2012, 15:46)mikebratcher69 Wrote: [ -> ]As mobile phones have got more and more hi-tech, battery life has dwindled.
But the new SpareOne 'spare' mobile aims to change that.
It runs on one AA battery, and claims to keep its charge for up to 15 years.
The new phone - unveiled at the Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas this week - is designed as a 'backup' phone you can keep in the glove compartment for emergencies.
The idea is that you can keep it there without worrying if it’s charged or not.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/a...years.html
i keep a phone charger in the car, it works off the cigarette lighter-cost me £6.
even though it costs $49 dollars, I bet when it comes here it'll be about £100...
I like it good idea, I want one, nice find.
I'd like to know what's in these super duper batteries and is harmful in any way, bit like the energy saving light bulbs that last for years but are actually damaging to our health.
I just made sure all our families mobile phones are from the same manufacturer and thus use the same battery, but the primary weakness with the mobile phone network is
(A) Its limited coverage, most very romte areas have no coverage
(B) The vulnerability of the indivifdual towers and tower clusters, if the power goes off for any reason huge areas are without a service
© The government can and does turn off or limit cell phone acess in times of crisis.
I'll still be worried about it. I doubt anything could hold a charge that long for one.

What network will it use? Charges?

Personally I'm with anything that improves battery life but not for emergency use.