Survival UK Forums

Full Version: Scooters (modern type)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I popped round to the Coop about 30 minutes ago and came across a Danish registered Scooter, quite modified with extra bungy hook points fitted and a small rack ontop of the integral top box, Tube tent lashed to the front nacelle / faring or what ever they are called now.

I got a brief word with the couple who are heading home from Scotland, This small machine carried both of em plus all their gear for 10 days on the road, got to be given some consideration by our urban and city based preppers as transport and as a BOV
forget my last I just looked at the prices of the Honds and Yamaha scooters, you can buy a nearly new suzuki jimny for less.
Price is the same issue with regards to my Navy SEAL buggy. It's going to be cheaper, but a later start date, to buy an off-road buggy then modify that. Probably the same as buying a second hand scooter, and modifying that would be cheaper than building or buying a new one.
Scythe have you seen these sort of machines, you can pick up used ones for about £3K
http://www.hitechsupplies.co.uk/gazelle-...-194-p.asp
(11 January 2012, 15:43)NorthernRaider Wrote: [ -> ]Scythe have you seen these sort of machines, you can pick up used ones for about £3K
http://www.hitechsupplies.co.uk/gazelle-...-194-p.asp

The only issue is the high profile and gimpy look. I want something that lets people know not to mess with me. I do want something that looks militaristic, post SHTF. I see it as the equivalent to a sign saying "Mess with me and you will die". It would be an offroad 'fun' buggy pre SHTF, and an offroad "Don't Funk" vehicle post SHTF.
You would be suprised what a tin of flat brown and flat green paint can do.
Not to mess with you? The problem will be is they won't want to mess with you but the HAVE TO so they and their families live.

Making yourself visible like that would make you a target for those with the will and capability.

Of course it may work out OK depending on how you live and are armed. Bearing in mind there are many people here that spend their time planning to bypass other people preotection. Obscurity is not the only way but it is a key factor.

Myself, I'm setting more traps and obstacles than firepoints.
My ambition is to be the ultimate boring, unappealing, uninteresting, low profile prepper in existance, but with a vicous hidden sting, I dont want to look "wellard" or Militarised BUT I can see the tactical value for those who can pull it off of mimicing a part of a military unit.
If it works go for it, But I prefer the shadows.
the trouble with being in your face type is if you go to that kind of trouble preping you motor then you will have something worth taking and remember you will not be an army with a full armed unit and might fall flat and lose the lot?
when i first started prepping i went through different stages but to cut a long story short because i'am sleepy and really need my beauty sleep lol
i think if at some point you have to hit the road then become that army unit my kit includes defence and attack, alarms and booby tramps with my know how these traps will kill becoming a force X and i have learned how to enter and size places or things
i need to do this because i can't carry all the food and supplys we will need ?
now the important part for you is their are loads of people like that most from the military who will be at a lose end think about what other people can do not just what you can do?
think about all the training given to soilders going to iraq and afgan they need to enter buildings and stop and search cars
i hope this helps you thinking a bit more
nr and mike and other service personal current or ex should be able to enlighting you more?