Survival UK Forums

Full Version: 8 shot prinatable hand gun
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(28 November 2015, 10:01)Smudge Wrote: [ -> ]Having watched a couple being made, it's not as easy as you'd think a zip-gun would be relatively but then you need ammo and neither are all that accurate.

A bow or atlatl would be easier to make and more reliable/accurate with a little practise.

When flintlocks were invented they rapidly replaced arrow weapons, for good reason. A shotgun is a very useful hunting weapon.

Nowadays, quality seamless steel tube is available everywhere, from motorcycle fork tubes to hydraulic pipes on diggers.
Like everything in life it is easy if you know how. They still make weapons, including guns, in prisons. If they can do it there with a limitations that they put in place then it must be easy outside. If you know how.
(28 November 2015, 11:28)Steve Wrote: [ -> ]When flintlocks were invented they rapidly replaced arrow weapons, for good reason. A shotgun is a very useful hunting weapon.

Nowadays, quality seamless steel tube is available everywhere, from motorcycle fork tubes to hydraulic pipes on diggers.

The Matchlock replaced the bow and arrow and it's arguably easier to make than a flintlock, there was at least one other before the flintlock but memory/ old age fails me (I'm open to correction) I could google it but too lazy too this evening
I'm not going to argue against the shotgun being a useful/effective weapon nor against it being a useful/effective hunting tool, spread of shot increases your chances of hitting a smaller target but and this is quite a BUT I bet it's not as easy to make as you'd think. If you decide to make a flintlock for shits and giggles I'd be greatly interested in a follow along thread on the project.
(28 November 2015, 19:26)Smudge Wrote: [ -> ]If you decide to make a flintlock for shits and giggles I'd be greatly interested in a follow along thread on the project.

I live in the UK, so unless I fancy a 5 year stay in Her Majesty's hotel a DIY flintlock is not going to happen.
if you can get your hands on the cartridges a diy shotgun is frighteningly easy to make when you know how, not necessarily safe for the user to fire though!
Pages: 1 2