Survival UK Forums

Full Version: A must watch Ben Fogel
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Guys you really must try to watch on Catch up TV Ben Fogel New Lives in the Wild S3 E3 .
I've been watching this series with some interest - it's nice to know there are some independent free spirits out there. There has also another series on Discovery (I think) about people living in the Alaskan outback (not the Alaskan Bush people series, another one) which has also been very informative.
Building Alaska I think its called Mary its that extended family of Germanic origin.
Yes, it was something like that. They were very familiar with old style ways of doing things, and made the whole process look well, not exactly easy, but certainly doable. The last episode I watched showed the whole family going through the process of preparing for Thanksgiving. I was having a quiet dribble wwatching them carve a very large and crispy looking goose (home reared and killed of course).
Been watching this series and being enjoying it on the whole, already come across the family in the first program and the woman who lives completely off grid in Wales in the second.
Well these two old guys in Utah definately tick all the boxes for hard core survivalists, they even listen to the prepper podcasts.
the 2 brothers living in the quarry were the "bees knees" for me-the real thing, all the others were just playing at it.
equally, the woman in Wales was the only one of the UK series living the life, all the others just had "occupations".