Survival UK Forums

Full Version: Major Snow Storm Eastern US - now 75 cm here
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
At 9am this am we had 50cm of snow accumulate overnight. As of 11 am we have 75 cm, and it is still coming down... I81 in West Virginia and Maryland are closed.

I'm listening to Big Crosby sing "let it snow, let it snow, let it snow" on the MP3 while watching reruns of Messiah V, "The Rapture" on the telly. As you know, there is no programming of redeeming social value on American TV, except perhaps Law & Order...
Redeeming social value? Is that why you watch TV. I watch it for pretty ladies and a half decent plot or half decent ladies and a decent plot but ideally pretty ladies and a decent plot.

That's why I avoid game shows, reality TV and documentaries. No plot and sometimes not even ladies.
Aye life has not been the same since Hattie Jakes passed....television took a steep drive......drop dead gorgeous she was R.I.P.
As of 1300 hours now have a measured metre of snow, and it is still coming down.
If you notice Charles....Global Warming ....has now become Climate Change ....i have this vision of you knocking up a sled in your basement....just in case you need to bug out....obviously listening to Bing as you toil away....stay warm Charles !
Actually I have a pulk sled and snowshoes, as well as cross-country skis. What I really need is a St. Bernard dog with a keg of Schnapps!
On its way ....right now Charles....sorry just scotch ....ran out of shcnapps.....MB had the last of it !
If the whisky is malt and not blend, it will be gratefully accepted. West Indies dark rum is also fine, or French cognac if nothing better...
the death toll has now reached 19(according to British lunchtime news bulletin). no details of how and why just the totals. a complete travel ban is in operation.