Survival UK Forums

Full Version: Multi-Tool help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(18 January 2012, 18:04)uks Wrote: [ -> ]Had leathermans had 2 blades break when cutting they said it was a fault with the metal. I most admit they did replace both blades free af charge.
Sounds good. Did you get an address for after an event.

My problems with earlier Leathermans was the cut out section on the handles of the Super tools that doubled up as the locking spring for the plier heads, i had three of the buggers snap off.
I think I've come to one simple conclusion.

Buy one of each, Leatherman and Gerber, then try them both out for what I want them for. Problem is......I had 2 price ranges in mind. £30-£40 short term and £70-£100 long term.

Guess I'll be testing the cheaper ones first.
I heard maybe a year ago, that leatherman had previously shifted production out of the USA and the quality was not as good. I have never chased this up though to verify -- as I would not buy leatherman as I think they are overpriced due to their costly advertising/branding & their current market position. I am not sure what good alternatives their are in this field as I prefer to carry a few dedicated quality tools.. I did get a present of one of those "Boyztoyz" small multitools a few Xmas' ago and to my surprise when I came to use it, it seemed to be of good quality workmanship & materials & the tiny led torch built in has been exceptionally useful. It even fits inside gun barrel bores to check for foreign objects. Not dear at all I do believe..TL.
Pages: 1 2