Survival UK Forums

Full Version: American members views on CETA
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Well the deal is done with Canada and the EU on CETA, whats the view from our American members and American media?
While the Obama/Hillary fans favor CETA as another step towards the New World Order, ordinary people view it as a job killer which has negative consequences for American industry. I would much rather see a tripartite trade pact between the US, Canada and the UK. Screw the EU and throw out NAFTA too.
From what I can gather Canada is voluntarily placing the same EU sanctions and requirements on themselves that are the reason for the UK withdrawing from the EU.

The news is all about more trade, more jobs, protection for Europe's work force and not much about more regulation and control by the EU on a sovereign nation in the western hemisphere right down to regulating cow farts.
MB said it more eloquently than I, especially re the California style regulations upon cow flatulence. Personally, I think that Trump, if elected, should offer statehood to the various Canadian provinces and offer complete free trade with the UK, but they might not view the offer favorably. Oh well...
A major problem CH is that the vast majority of brits think of Trump as being an utter idiot, I'd not let him run a school sweet shop but thats just my view. I'm not sure what to make of CETA, why do they need the deal when they have the USA next door? Canada is half way to joining the EU.
I agree that Trump is just an idiot, but Hillary is a witch, liar and a criminal.

Unfortunately we haven't viable choices.
the vast majority of Brits are getting their information on Trump from the Clinton campaign, which controls most of the media outlets.

You are not getting the conservative news sources and you are not getting all the information on Hillery that you need to make valid opinions.
Very interesting to consider the fact that Canada is already a NAFTA member and has free trade with the U.S. and now the EU.

I will just about guarantee that there are clauses in one or the other of the agreements that contradict the other.

I am also amazed that it took 7 years to work out the agreement, but it was a full consensus thing and every member of the EU had to agree.

I can not really see a benefit for Canada unless there were some trade restrictions that were about to go into place on the agricultural products to stop exportation to the EU.
Some pimple state stuck on the ass of Belgium held thinks up a tad its all going swimmingly well now.

I'm up to my neck getting property two on the market before I head off on holiday (vacation for the yanks here) to NZ but must find time to look into CETA more...perhaps irrational but when something looks too good to be true...it often is.
For all of you across the pond who admire Hillary Clinton, some interesting links from the New York Observer, which
are enlightening.

http://observer.com/2016/10/carlos-dange...-trembles/

In truth, the FBI isn’t reopening the EmailGate investigation because it was never actually closed. Director Comey here is merely doing what he’s legally required to: inform the relevant Congressional committees that new information which may have relevance has been discovered, and the FBI is now assessing its value to the on-going investigation.

http://observer.com/2016/10/breaking-cli...evelation/

WikiLeaks emails from Clinton Campaign Chair John Podesta confirmed criticisms of Clinton’s private email server. In the leaked emails, her staff is shown coordinating with the State Department, the White House, the Department of Justice, and mainstream media to cover up the scandal and distort it as a partisan issue to protect Clinton’s presidential candidacy. Reports from the State Department Inspector General, FBI Director Comey, and two reports on the FBI’s investigation have effectively disproven every defense of Clinton’s private email server that has been utilized by Clinton partisans since it’s use was first revealed in early 2015.

And pro-Clinton journalists are already trying to spin the FBI’s latest announcement.

Newsweek’s Kurt Eichenwald falsely claimed the FBI wasn’t re-opening their investigation but that FBI Director Comey had to amend his previous testimony. But Comey never testified the FBI reviewed all the evidence—rather, he testified there is a list of evidence we saw in the investigation. If Eichenwald is correct about Comey needing to amend his testimony, it is because the FBI found new evidence that suggests Clinton is guilty. Eichenwald, notorious for touting disproven assumptions and theories—as with a Russian conspiracy theory he still pushes, which The Washington Post, BuzzFeed and other news outlets have debunked—is incorrect. The FBI investigation is being reopened because new emails were discovered, and the FBI is going to review them.

http://observer.com/2016/10/2006-audio-e...-election/

...A seemingly throwaway remark about elections in areas controlled by the Palestinian Authority has taken on new relevance amid persistent accusations in the presidential campaign by Clinton’s Republican opponent Donald Trump that the current election is “rigged.”

Speaking to the Jewish Press about the January 25, 2006, election for the second Palestinian Legislative Council (the legislature of the Palestinian National Authority), Clinton weighed in about the result, which was a resounding victory for Hamas (74 seats) over the U.S.-preferred Fatah (45 seats).

“I do not think we should have pushed for an election in the Palestinian territories. I think that was a big mistake,” said Sen. Clinton. “And if we were going to push for an election, then we should have made sure that we did something to determine who was going to win.”
Pages: 1 2