Survival UK Forums

Full Version: Edible Plant Walks, Bristol
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Check it out

It's £35 and could be one of the best, most important walks you ever take.

http://lowimpact.org/wild_food_walks_bristol.html
Their site is on the main site. They do many other courses and will also travel to give them so if enough want them in another part of the country they will come and show you which is another item on my to do list.
I went on a couple of these last year, the guys are really good.

I ended up buying their book 'The Self Sufficient-ish Bible' It's a good book if you need to learn the basics and well worth having in your collection.
Cool, that's good to know RJ.

I'll make sure I take extra money on the walk incase they try to sell it.
I'll try to bring mine to the pub meet so's you can have a look if you haven't got one by then.
I think I'll probably end up buying one on the walk, which will be after the pub thing. But it's cool.

I want to try and keep the pub meeting as a much more informal thing where we all just chat and get to know each other.
We can steer the pub in the right direction another time.
you can steer the pub any how you like Scythe.
I don't think it would make sense to try and get everyone on board at the first meeting.

I'd rather we told everyone what we are about and how we want the group to develop. I don't think it would be right to go into too much detail about anything much right now. We don't know each other well enough, so it's probably wise just to have everyone meet, set out what we all want to achieve, then just let it fade into doomsday chats and talking about good places to take the dog on a walk.
I remember these two when they were just Middle class hippies slumming it and asking people for advice on low impact living via their forums.

Then they collected all the freely given advice and sold it for megabucks in their "Bible"...

You dont need to spend money on these things, you just need to keep your eyes open and know how to read or who to ask:

http://duo.irational.org/food_for_free/f...n_hill.pdf

Ter
Well done Terry, Good info for Bristol Group. I do hope that all goes well for you. Material such as this is very valuable. More maps like this should be made as it covers so much useful knowledge in a simple map or diagram. Kenneth Eames.
Pages: 1 2