Survival UK Forums

Full Version: Hi to all
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello Pete ! well you arrived here ! but you'r here ....that's the main thing, Welcome !
Pete,

Hill walking and pistol shooting, loading your own ammunition sounds alot like me. Because you say "were" your hobbies, I don't know if you are still able to pursue this, perhaps not with current legal restraints. In my home state of West Virginia, an adult without criminal record can carry a handgun either concealed or openly, without a permit, except for specific prohibited areas such as a post office, government building, school, etc.

My current project is a S&W Victory Model Hand Ejector in .380 Mk2 Rimmed (.38 S&W) which has British proofs, but marked U.S. Property. It was sent across the pond via Lend-Lease by FDR during WW2 and after the war returned here and sold as surplus prior to 1968. A great many of these were rechambered to accept the longer .38 Special, but thios one is thoroughly original, complete with gray canvas RAF holster. I will try to attach a photo.
Hi Charles
I am still walking but not so much, as for shooting, 20 years ago a school massacre at Dunblane and a weak government bowing down to newspapers and public pressure lead to a ban of hand guns in private hands.
I had a S&W model 15 4inch barrel with which I shot police pistol and model 27 6inch barrel 357 for when I wanted a bigger bang, happy days. I used Hercules Red Dot or Bullseye powders.
Now only the bad guys have guns.
Pete,

Great choices in revolvers and powders. Many Brit expats living here enjoy the freedoms here you have lost at home.
Now if someone would only run a proper pub nearby. I have to drive to Upperville or Middleburg, VA to find decent bangers and mash with lager served at the proper temperature...

I'm fortunate that a missionary friend sent me a kilo of excellent Ceylon Tea BOP (Camellia sinensis) from Galle, Sri Lanka which produces a dark cup with a good body that is mellow and brisk. As you probably know this tea holds up well to the addition of milk and is the best I have found similar to those favored for India chai or breakfast tea in UK. I have found a USA source for it in bulk, if MB or any of the other Yanks lurking here would like to remember what a proppa cuppa is like...
Pages: 1 2