Survival UK Forums

Full Version: What are your barter items?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
havent put much aside for barter but i've got some spare disposable lighters, spark igniters, knives, first aid kit, maybe manage the odd toilet roll, button compass, that sort of thing.
I hate to disagree, but in my opinion the drugs I'd least likely to trade would be inhalers. If you were to deal with smack-heads, they would do the looting for you!

(26 January 2012, 13:45)Tartar Horde Wrote: [ -> ]One thing I would consider trading is the Inhaler type devices, Ventolin, Salbutamol etc. Many of our population have Ashtma and would need these when production stops. If you or your group do not need these a supply would be a valuable trading resource. You would of course run the same OPSEC risks, but would the people who need inhalers be junkies? that's your call.

Inhalers contain epinephrin which, for conversations sake, is the same as ephadrin, a strong stimulant like speed but a little weaker. That's where the fun begins. If you need to outrun someone, run a long distance, BOOM, I'd jack up on that inhaler and get out of dodge. If you need to stay awake...inhaler, If you need to concentrate more.....inhaler. If you need quicker responses....inhaler. All kinds of situations. As long as you're sensible with it, ephadrin is a very useful drug. Not something I personally would barter. I would barter FOR it, but not with it.

I think the smack-heads would think you a god if you had what they wanted. Anyway, a friend of mine worked at a rehab centre in Bolton. They tested a sample of heroin a guy had, then checked the blood from many of the 'known' heroin addicts, and it showed that very few of them actually had smack in their blood stream. The sample proved to be 1 or 2% (I cant remember which) and they were acting as if it was pure. That suggests to me that you could get any brown/golden powder and let them shoot up on it. They're not going to know the difference haha.
(26 January 2012, 14:08)Scythe13 Wrote: [ -> ]I hate to disagree, but in my opinion the drugs I'd least likely to trade would be inhalers. If you were to deal with smack-heads, they would do the looting for you!

(26 January 2012, 13:45)Tartar Horde Wrote: [ -> ]One thing I would consider trading is the Inhaler type devices, Ventolin, Salbutamol etc. Many of our population have Ashtma and would need these when production stops. If you or your group do not need these a supply would be a valuable trading resource. You would of course run the same OPSEC risks, but would the people who need inhalers be junkies? that's your call.

Inhalers contain epinephrin which, for conversations sake, is the same as ephadrin, a strong stimulant like speed but a little weaker. That's where the fun begins. If you need to outrun someone, run a long distance, BOOM, I'd jack up on that inhaler and get out of dodge. If you need to stay awake...inhaler, If you need to concentrate more.....inhaler. If you need quicker responses....inhaler. All kinds of situations. As long as you're sensible with it, ephadrin is a very useful drug. Not something I personally would barter. I would barter FOR it, but not with it.

I think the smack-heads would think you a god if you had what they wanted. Anyway, a friend of mine worked at a rehab centre in Bolton. They tested a sample of heroin a guy had, then checked the blood from many of the 'known' heroin addicts, and it showed that very few of them actually had smack in their blood stream. The sample proved to be 1 or 2% (I cant remember which) and they were acting as if it was pure. That suggests to me that you could get any brown/golden powder and let them shoot up on it. They're not going to know the difference haha.

That's exactly why I said you would have to be carefull the people you were dealing with were not smackheadsDodgy
But on the other hand if someone wanted one to stop dear old granny wheezing her way into the next life, cold I know but heyAngel

(26 January 2012, 14:36)Tartar Horde Wrote: [ -> ]That's exactly why I said you would have to be carefull the people you were dealing with were not smackheadsDodgy
But on the other hand if someone wanted one to stop dear old granny wheezing her way into the next life, cold I know but heyAngel

Oh okay. I think we are seeing it from different view points. I'm seeing smackheads as people to recruit to loot for you. People that would do anything you told them to do, provided you had enough 'smack-substitute'. Once you started to run out, they would probably have been killed off by the winter. They would have to be a huge distance away. You wouldn't keep them near you or let them know where you lived.

If you kept them at arms length, and supplied enough 'gear' for them. They would be 100% reliable, unless they ODed.
i've got access to a regular supply of asthma inhalers, dont actually need them myself at the moment, i dont mind having them as a barter item but i dont think i want to supply any addicts with them, i'd rather they were killed off by a "lack of supply"/cold winters, but thats just me!
(26 January 2012, 15:19)bigpaul Wrote: [ -> ]i've got access to a regular supply of asthma inhalers, dont actually need them myself at the moment, i dont mind having them as a barter item but i dont think i want to supply any addicts with them, i'd rather they were killed off by a "lack of supply"/cold winters, but thats just me!

The people that will want those are the parents with kids. In general the asthmatic adults should be able to regulate their breathing. It's the parents with the kids that are not able to, that would want them the most.

The problem is, after a chat with a few parents on this site, I have come to the conclusion that dealing with a sick parent and trying to exploit their child's illness for personal gain will lead to the playing out of a phrase NR and SD basically said "There are no limits to what I would do to save/protect my family".

I think with inhalers you could be dealing with a very dangerous customer base.
(26 January 2012, 15:10)Scythe13 Wrote: [ -> ]If you kept them at arms length, and supplied enough 'gear' for them. They would be 100% reliable, unless they ODed.

Ha - there's no such thing as a reliable junkie, trust me.

I know people who'd been stabbed for a ten bit. Had the shit kicked out of them for their used foil.

Best thing to do would be to lure them in the finish them off. Do the world a favour. But that's just me and my sunny disposition Blush
(26 January 2012, 16:18)00111001 Wrote: [ -> ]
(26 January 2012, 15:10)Scythe13 Wrote: [ -> ]If you kept them at arms length, and supplied enough 'gear' for them. They would be 100% reliable, unless they ODed.

I thought that as soon as I posted it.

I just mean, they would do anything for you. Keep them scared enough and they wouldn't screw with you. Maybe kill one of them infront of the others. That way they will attack people that are not you. haha, I'm so optimistic about humankind.
(26 January 2012, 16:37)Scythe13 Wrote: [ -> ]
(26 January 2012, 16:18)00111001 Wrote: [ -> ]

I thought that as soon as I posted it.

I just mean, they would do anything for you. Keep them scared enough and they wouldn't screw with you. Maybe kill one of them infront of the others. That way they will attack people that are not you. haha, I'm so optimistic about humankind.

On the upside though when junkies are staggering aroung in a withdrawal daze, they could in the right light be mistaken for ZOMBIESAngel Lovingly strokes crossbow lol

(26 January 2012, 17:10)Tartar Horde Wrote: [ -> ]On the upside though when junkies are staggering aroung in a withdrawal daze, they could in the right light be mistaken for ZOMBIES

So you could put them in a cage and sell tickets "Come see the Zombie Scurge"

Pages: 1 2 3