Survival UK Forums

Full Version: One for Study by Everyone
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-latin-america-65874377

A 13 year old girl kept her two brothers and her one year old sister alive in the Amazon Jungle for 6 weeks with no tools, no kit, no gadgets, no fancy survival knife and without even the latest and most durable survival trousers and jacket.

All she had was her 13 year old brain and a will to keep her sister and brothers alive.

The next time you see a little girl in her plaid skirt and white blouse headed down the street to her 8th year classroom think about that.

And don't automatically say "the kids around here couldn't do that!"

Perhaps they could, and have not been properly challenged.
(13 June 2023, 05:08)Mortblanc Wrote: [ -> ]https://www.bbc.com/news/world-latin-america-65874377

A 13 year old girl kept her two brothers and her one year old sister alive in the Amazon Jungle for 6 weeks with no tools, no kit, no gadgets, no fancy survival knife and without even the latest and most durable survival trousers and jacket.

All she had was her 13 year old brain and a will to keep her sister and brothers alive.

The next time you see a little girl in her plaid skirt and white blouse headed down the street to her 8th year classroom think about that.

And don't automatically say "the kids around here couldn't do that!"

Perhaps they could, and have not been properly challenged.

those kids were Columbian not British, thats one huge gulf in the different kind of lifestyle that each has. most British kids wouldnt last 5 minutes in the same situation.
Truly remarkable ! Just go’s to show the motivation and determination to survive, it does not get anymore basic than this girl had to work with ….incredible ! And an example to us all ! .

As well as a lesson to us Never underestimate so-called sheeple they could well be as resilient as this girl turned out to be !
(13 June 2023, 09:20)Straight Shooter Wrote: [ -> ]Truly remarkable ! Just go’s to show the motivation and determination to survive, it does not get anymore basic than this girl had to work with ….incredible ! And an example to us all ! .

As well as a lesson to us Never underestimate so-called sheeple they could well be as resilient as this girl turned out to be !

not a hope in hell SS, not in Britain anyway.
You never can tell BP ! People like this young girl may well make it down to Devon , and not have the good manners to die off on the way down there as you have suggested many times, sure many will die but not all …we should all be aware of uninvited guests turning up unexpected? The chances of that happening seems obvious …to me at least …but there again as far as people of the UK are concerned loss of mobile phones and gaming apps could well be their undoing and result in suicides without taking one step ……to Devon .
It was certainly a remarkable feat but i suspect the wrecked aircraft may have yielded some help , i don't think it was barehands skill's and commonsense alone , would be interesting to here the girl's full story one day
Sorry my spelling is shocking , hear not here , what intrigues me the most is how the children were almost uninjured yet all adults perished?
Kids from indigenous tribe knee how to survive in the jungle

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-65871238
The girl did strip the plane for everything of use before they struck out and they did have about a week of food on hand in the plane. That was not luck, it was intelligence.

She had a small tarp and a towel and a few other items that were not listed in the report I read.

They had a bit of manioc flour, which is not like wheat flour at all, it is more coarse and lumpy. It can be eaten raw or cooked as a potage.

After that week they had to leave the vicinity of the plane and lived on fruit in the jungle. They were fortunate that the fruit was in season and eatable at that time.

The girl knew what was ripe, what was poison, and kept them near the river, where life in the Amazon takes place. If you find people they will be along the rivers.

Fortunately she was not 16. At 16 kids go stupid, their IQ falls by 1/2 and their attention span evaporates. Some never recover.
I did think that these children were indigenous and at the least the 13 had more knowledge than any 13 year old British kid.
that alone probably saved their lives.
13 year old kids here are more into social media and gaming, and the adults arent much better.
Pages: 1 2