Survival UK Forums
It Doesen't Take Much. - Printable Version

+- Survival UK Forums (http://forum.survivaluk.net)
+-- Forum: Discussion Area (http://forum.survivaluk.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Forum: Threats and Risks (http://forum.survivaluk.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=46)
+--- Thread: It Doesen't Take Much. (/showthread.php?tid=3772)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: It Doesen't Take Much. - bigpaul - 22 December 2012

and not one of them will have emergency supplies will they??

RE: It Doesen't Take Much. - TheGuru - 22 December 2012

(22 December 2012, 14:23)Metroyeti Wrote: Wait you mean the shops dont have what im after when I want it, how will I cope without my almond flavoured latte for breakfast? Is what I would imagine the dailyfail readers would be thinking right now. Guru im glad your wives on your side now.

Cheers Metro, got a long way to go yet but at least she is now showing a little interest.

RE: It Doesen't Take Much. - Tibbs735 - 22 December 2012

The one plus side of panic buying is that the local car boots usually enjoy the windfall of cheap stuff that people "don't need anymore, as it got back to normal."

RE: It Doesen't Take Much. - Highlander - 22 December 2012

(22 December 2012, 13:41)Barneyboy Wrote: cant they have garden or and there own stores wouldnt be a prob then

If you are refering to having a garden on the Shetland,.. then you have clearly never been to the islands,... the weather up there is not good for gardening, it blows away the soil let alone anything that just happened to start growing in it,... and I am not kidding either,... they do really rely on food brought in

RE: It Doesen't Take Much. - Geordie_Rob - 22 December 2012

Guru, I'm showing my mrs every news story I can find that shows people running out of food & supermarkets going empty. Like yourself, I'm slowly getting her onside. She is letting me buy "a few extra tins" etc.. So far (unknown to her) the few extra tins fill 4 cardboard box's & I'm trying to convince her we need a berkey water filter aswell.

RE: It Doesen't Take Much. - Barneyboy - 22 December 2012

(22 December 2012, 21:21)Highlander Wrote:
(22 December 2012, 13:41)Barneyboy Wrote: cant they have garden or and there own stores wouldnt be a prob then

If you are refering to having a garden on the Shetland,.. then you have clearly never been to the islands,... the weather up there is not good for gardening, it blows away the soil let alone anything that just happened to start growing in it,... and I am not kidding either,... they do really rely on food brought in

ok under stood but why no stores ,just dont sound wright you live in the ass end of no where and you dont have stores

(22 December 2012, 22:30)Barneyboy Wrote:

ok under stood but why no stores ,just dont sound wright you live in the ass end of no where and you dont have stores

Well I guess its like any store in the land, they only hold about three days food before needing to be re-stocked,..I dont live in `the ass end of nowhere` as you call it, but their stores are no smaller than yours,...without store re-supplies you would be in the same situation

Incidently, I am please to live in an `ass end of no-where`

(22 December 2012, 23:00)Highlander Wrote:

Well I guess its like any store in the land, they only hold about three days food before needing to be re-stocked,..I dont live in `the ass end of nowhere` as you call it, but their stores are no smaller than yours,...without store re-supplies you would be in the same situation

you miss under stand my post by stores i mean your stores at home not the one down the road if the people there had them then the stocks not getting to the shops would not be a prob and as for the ass end of nowhere its not exactly easy to get to no offence ment

(22 December 2012, 23:11)Barneyboy Wrote:

you miss under stand my post by stores i mean your stores at home not the one down the road if the people there had them then the stocks not getting to the shops would not be a prob and as for the ass end of nowhere its not exactly easy to get to no offence ment

Arrrh well I cant answer that, there may well be a few preppers up their I dont know,.. if there are then I am sure they are ok.

...and a place not easy to get to in a shtf situation,.. would suddenly be a good place to be

(22 December 2012, 23:17)Highlander Wrote:
(22 December 2012, 23:11)Barneyboy Wrote:
(22 December 2012, 21:21)Highlander Wrote: If you are refering to having a garden on the Shetland,.. then you have clearly never been to the islands,... the weather up there is not good for gardening, it blows away the soil let alone anything that just happened to start growing in it,... and I am not kidding either,... they do really rely on food brought in

my spelling is not good so please bear with me ,and you are right less people better for all in my appinion, just have probs with putting my voice across with spelling .could not read or wright when i left school so self taught

Arrrh well I cant answer that, there may well be a few preppers up their I dont know,.. if there are then I am sure they are ok.

...and a place not easy to get to in a shtf situation,.. would suddenly be a good place to be

my spelling is not good so cant get my point across with writing so please bear with me cant read or wright when left school so im self taught