Survival UK Forums
Up to THREE MILLION 'Preppers' in the U.S. are prepared for for the end of the world - Printable Version

+- Survival UK Forums (http://forum.survivaluk.net)
+-- Forum: News (http://forum.survivaluk.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=89)
+--- Forum: News (http://forum.survivaluk.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=90)
+--- Thread: Up to THREE MILLION 'Preppers' in the U.S. are prepared for for the end of the world (/showthread.php?tid=1056)

Pages: 1 2

Up to THREE MILLION 'Preppers' in the U.S. are prepared for for the end of the world - mikebratcher69 - 11 February 2012

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2099714/Meet-preppers-Up-3-MILLION-people-preparing-end-world-know-it.html

RE: Up to THREE MILLION 'Preppers' in the U.S. are prepared for for the end of the world - bigpaul - 11 February 2012

3 million US preppers + 1 ENGLISHMAN(me)!Tongue

RE: Up to THREE MILLION 'Preppers' in the U.S. are prepared for for the end of the world - Scythe13 - 11 February 2012

It's a reality program? That's nuts!

RE: Up to THREE MILLION 'Preppers' in the U.S. are prepared for for the end of the world - Skean Dhude - 11 February 2012

Don't forget they have 10 times the number of people in the US than we do here. That equates its about 300,000 of us and prepping has taken off. It passed the reasonable test for me.

RE: Up to THREE MILLION 'Preppers' in the U.S. are prepared for for the end of the world - uks - 11 February 2012

How many preppers do you think are in the uk?
(11 February 2012, 19:30)uks Wrote: How many preppers do you think are in the uk?

Anybody recognise the comment down the bottom "parent durham"?.

RE: Up to THREE MILLION 'Preppers' in the U.S. are prepared for for the end of the world - Skean Dhude - 11 February 2012

If you expand the term to all those that are moving to be self sufficient I would guess it exceeds 300K. Not everyone is stocking up on ammo though nor can everyone afford a years worth of food but they are preparing and they just have no idea what is coming. That is what we are trying to do. educate them.

RE: Up to THREE MILLION 'Preppers' in the U.S. are prepared for for the end of the world - NorthernRaider - 11 February 2012

(11 February 2012, 19:30)uks Wrote: How many preppers do you think are in the uk?

Real ones or armchairs and wannabes?, my experience on the forums is a solid core of serious preppers with a healthy number of new folks coming on board willing to make the effort and commitment needed to give themselves the best chance. Plus the hobby preppers who I still consider as folks heading in the right general direction. But away from the forums the numbers of Off Gridders, Transition Towners, Homesteaders, Smallholders, Traditional living types, Allotment owners, etc I think their numbers are growing exponentially, they are preppers by default rather than by design.

RE: Up to THREE MILLION 'Preppers' in the U.S. are prepared for for the end of the world - uks - 11 February 2012

(11 February 2012, 19:59)NorthernRaider Wrote:

Real ones or armchairs and wannabes?, my experience on the forums is a solid core of serious preppers with a healthy number of new folks coming on board willing to make the effort and commitment needed to give themselves the best chance. Plus the hobby preppers who I still consider as folks heading in the right general direction. But away from the forums the numbers of Off Gridders, Transition Towners, Homesteaders, Smallholders, Traditional living types, Allotment owners, etc I think their numbers are growing exponentially, they are preppers by default rather than by design.

And do not forget the "Parent from Durham"

RE: Up to THREE MILLION 'Preppers' in the U.S. are prepared for for the end of the world - Scythe13 - 11 February 2012

(11 February 2012, 20:13)uks Wrote:
(11 February 2012, 19:59)NorthernRaider Wrote:

And do not forget the "Parent from Durham"

Don't forget the zombie apocolype preppers! There's at least 10 of them!

I'd say just below half a million in the UK are influenced by prepping. Those seriously seeking like many of us, I guestimate to be around 1 in 10, if that.

RE: Up to THREE MILLION 'Preppers' in the U.S. are prepared for for the end of the world - Kenneth Eames - 12 February 2012

SD, How many members has this site that are signed up? How many other sites of Preppers that you know of in the UK? Perhaps with this info we might have an idea of some of the numbers of Preppers. Probably a number of Guests are Preppers as well. There might also be others out there as well. Where I am there are eight of us and two that I am trying to convince. As far as I know, none of them visit the site, they rely on me to give them news. They are all very busy people apart from the children at school. Kenneth Eames.