Survival UK Forums
Poundland, Bedminster - Printable Version

+- Survival UK Forums (http://forum.survivaluk.net)
+-- Forum: Discussion Area (http://forum.survivaluk.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Forum: An Open Box (http://forum.survivaluk.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=78)
+--- Thread: Poundland, Bedminster (/showthread.php?tid=1223)

Pages: 1 2

Poundland, Bedminster - Scythe13 - 1 March 2012

Hi everyone

I've moved into my place, and am spending my first night there tonight.

On my mission to get to know the area, and pick up things that I didn't have (extension cable, plates, etc) I happened across the wonderfully cheap, and strong cannabis smelling, Poundland.

Poundland lives up to it's name, and everything, oddly enough, costs £1.00

That's not much of a revolation, I'm sure. However, it gets fun, because there is a 'camping' section!!!

In that section I managed to find 2 small (1m x 2m each) emergency blankets for...£1.00 Granted it's not the bargain of the century, but it is certainly worth having.
I'm having a proper shopping session in there on Saturday to see what else they have available.

RE: Poundland, Bedminster - bigpaul - 1 March 2012

(1 March 2012, 16:09)Scythe13 Wrote: Hi everyone

On my mission to get to know the area, and pick up things that I didn't have (extension cable, plates, etc) I happened across the wonderfully cheap, and strong cannabis smelling, Poundland.

Poundland lives up to it's name, and everything, oddly enough, costs £1.00

That's not much of a revolation, I'm sure. However, it gets fun, because there is a 'camping' section!!!

In that section I managed to find 2 small (1m x 2m each) emergency blankets for...£1.00 Granted it's not the bargain of the century, but it is certainly worth having.
I'm having a proper shopping session in there on Saturday to see what else they have available.
enjoy your first night in your new place Scythe, i remember how i felt all those years ago when i got from under and got my own place, great times!!

RE: Poundland, Bedminster - Scythe13 - 1 March 2012

(1 March 2012, 16:20)bigpaul Wrote: enjoy your first night in your new place Scythe, i remember how i felt all those years ago when i got from under and got my own place, great times!!

Yeah, it's a good feeling to be moving everything in.

I'm going to write up a post and post some pictures on my flickr account, possibly.

Need to get a sheet for a duvet. But I have 3 sleeping bags, so I'm still nice and warm haha.

RE: Poundland, Bedminster - TOF - 1 March 2012

What BP saidSmile

Charity shops are great for crockery and stuff. Curtains too.

(1 March 2012, 16:38)TOF Wrote: What BP saidSmile

I have a weird skylight, but no normal windows. I'm looking more at a horizontal curtain.

RE: Poundland, Bedminster - bigpaul - 1 March 2012

(1 March 2012, 16:42)Scythe13 Wrote:
(1 March 2012, 16:38)TOF Wrote: What BP saidSmile

I have a weird skylight, but no normal windows. I'm looking more at a horizontal curtain.

make sure you shut the skylight when you go out or when you go to sleep, or else you could end up with a rain soaked bed!!!!Big Grin

RE: Poundland, Bedminster - Skean Dhude - 1 March 2012

Congrats on the moving. Hope it works out well for you.

RE: Poundland, Bedminster - uks - 1 March 2012

Good news on your move

RE: Poundland, Bedminster - NorthernRaider - 1 March 2012

(1 March 2012, 16:09)Scythe13 Wrote: Hi everyone

Oh I know THAT place its the one built over the old graveyard where the family were slaughtered by a knife wielding maniac before the zombies killed him.Big Grin

(1 March 2012, 20:03)NorthernRaider Wrote: Oh I know THAT place its the one built over the old graveyard where the family were slaughtered by a knife wielding maniac before the zombies killed him.Big Grin

Yeah that's the one. I got sick of living with my parents, so I moved out. It's okay because now we are on both sides of the graveyard.