Survival UK Forums
Nuclear-armed terrorists are a real threat to Britain, - Printable Version

+- Survival UK Forums (http://forum.survivaluk.net)
+-- Forum: News (http://forum.survivaluk.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=89)
+--- Forum: News (http://forum.survivaluk.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=90)
+--- Thread: Nuclear-armed terrorists are a real threat to Britain, (/showthread.php?tid=1303)

Pages: 1 2

Nuclear-armed terrorists are a real threat to Britain, - mikebratcher69 - 7 March 2012

Nuclear-armed terrorists are a real threat to Britain, Deputy Prime Minister Nick Clegg will warn
Looks like a dirty bomb at the olympics is an ever more possible reality...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2111395/Nuclear-armed-terrorists-real-threat-Britain-Deputy-Prime-Minister-Nick-Clegg-warn.html

RE: Nuclear-armed terrorists are a real threat to Britain, - bigpaul - 7 March 2012

i have always thought the Olympics were going to be a viable terrorist target.

RE: Nuclear-armed terrorists are a real threat to Britain, - Scythe13 - 7 March 2012

A dirty bomb is simple enough to make. Just steal the radioactive stuff from an x-ray machine, build a pipe bomb, then that's it.

It's a good job our doctors are not musli.........uh oh.......

RE: Nuclear-armed terrorists are a real threat to Britain, - Skean Dhude - 7 March 2012

Although that is in theory a dirty nuke it won't quite be good enough for our terrorist guys if they want to make a splash.

Let's not give any nutters any ideas though.

RE: Nuclear-armed terrorists are a real threat to Britain, - Prep Girl - 7 March 2012

What sort of radius would a bomb like that cover if it was aimed at the stadium?
or City of London?

RE: Nuclear-armed terrorists are a real threat to Britain, - NorthernRaider - 7 March 2012

depends entirely on the amount of explosiove used to spread the fissile material and the weather conditions, but a briefcase bomb could do say up to 3/4 of a square mile, by that i mean deposit radioactive shit over the area not blow it up.

RE: Nuclear-armed terrorists are a real threat to Britain, - Prep Girl - 7 March 2012

(7 March 2012, 22:56)NorthernRaider Wrote: depends entirely on the amount of explosiove used to spread the fissile material and the weather conditions, but a briefcase bomb could do say up to 3/4 of a square mile, by that i mean deposit radioactive shit over the area not blow it up.

Yeah I knew you ment that, so 8/12miles would be far enough away? but depends on size.
This stuff doe's my head in, I read about it but it won't stay in, I wouldn't have much of a clue what to do in case of what bomb.

RE: Nuclear-armed terrorists are a real threat to Britain, - NorthernRaider - 8 March 2012

(7 March 2012, 23:21)Prep Girl Wrote: Yeah I knew you ment that, so 8/12miles would be far enough away? but depends on size.
This stuff doe's my head in, I read about it but it won't stay in, I wouldn't have much of a clue what to do in case of what bomb.

Yes and no

Yes if its a still day and no dust covered refugees come running down your street
No if its windy and you are downwind of the bomb, depending how much muck got blown how far up into the air.

Golden rule of thumb, if a bomb goes off and you survive the blast , go and visit someone far far away for a few days but avoid travelling in the area tween your house and where the bomb went off. You cannot rely on the wind or the government to do the right thing.

RE: Nuclear-armed terrorists are a real threat to Britain, - Skean Dhude - 8 March 2012

That is the problem with radiation, chemical, gases etc. Invisible killers that can just drift over to you.

Fightens most people because of that. The risks though are low.

We are subjected to radiation all day every day. The sun, radios,phones,TV signals. The dangerous stuff is found underground all over the UK. Yet, we worry about the stuff that is rare indeed.

London and other ciies will be a traget for this stuff at any time, the Olympics is just a PR coup if they can distrupt that. Personally, prepping for this is a must. For some of us though it will be impossible to do so because you really need an underground bunker for a few months. For others a lot easier.

RE: Nuclear-armed terrorists are a real threat to Britain, - Scythe13 - 8 March 2012

(7 March 2012, 23:21)Prep Girl Wrote:
(7 March 2012, 22:56)NorthernRaider Wrote: depends entirely on the amount of explosiove used to spread the fissile material and the weather conditions, but a briefcase bomb could do say up to 3/4 of a square mile, by that i mean deposit radioactive shit over the area not blow it up.

Yeah I knew you ment that, so 8/12miles would be far enough away? but depends on size.

As NR said, use the rule of thumb.

Get as far away from the scene as you can. When you look back at the scene, stick your thumb out. When you squint at your thumb, if the thumb totally covers the scene of the explosion, it's pretty safe to say you're far enough away.