Survival UK Forums
Risk Assessment - Printable Version

+- Survival UK Forums (http://forum.survivaluk.net)
+-- Forum: Discussion Area (http://forum.survivaluk.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Forum: Threats and Risks (http://forum.survivaluk.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=46)
+--- Thread: Risk Assessment (/showthread.php?tid=1787)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

RE: Risk Assessment - Tonka - 17 May 2012

I would swing the other way... hang on, that sounds like I'd try to hump them... what I mean is, I'd veer towards it being a good thing. Being a Prepper I believe would make them less dangerous because they are less likely to be desperate, and need what I have. They are also less likely to be afraid. And those are pretty much what makes any animal attack, out of fear or hunger. A Prepper is most likely to want to be left alone to get on with it.
This doesn't mean there is no risk, but I would be more worried about a starving stockbroker. If I could, I would amend my vote to 3.

WnC: I moved your vote to 3 but can't move your name from 4, the poll reads true to your comment in this post.

RE: Risk Assessment - The Local Ned - 18 May 2012

Hi TL.

Difficult to say without a description of general attitude and how they are equipped.

If first impression says - the person is switched on and knows how to survive, then it would be a 7 until further discussion revealed one thing or another.
If first impression says - the person is struggling to survive , then it would be a 5 , and hopefully I'd like to think that I would help in some way without compromising my own situation.

RE: Risk Assessment - bigpaul - 18 May 2012

i think some of this thread is being read wrong, i mean the question asked was if you met this person, who you dont know, you dont know their a prepper, how much of a threat would you perceive them to be, on a scale of 1-10? so in my case, any stranger is a potential threat, and until i know them better they are a GREAT threat!!!Tongue

RE: Risk Assessment - Nemesis - 18 May 2012

(18 May 2012, 08:49)bigpaul Wrote: i think some of this thread is being read wrong, i mean the question asked was if you met this person, who you dont know, you dont know their a prepper, how much of a threat would you perceive them to be, on a scale of 1-10? so in my case, any stranger is a potential threat, and until i know them better they are a GREAT threat!!!Tongue

The threat is less when our need is higher, and vice versa.

(18 May 2012, 17:26)WetandCold Wrote:
(18 May 2012, 08:49)bigpaul Wrote: i think some of this thread is being read wrong, i mean the question asked was if you met this person, who you dont know, you dont know their a prepper, how much of a threat would you perceive them to be, on a scale of 1-10? so in my case, any stranger is a potential threat, and until i know them better they are a GREAT threat!!!Tongue

i treat anyone i do not know with extreme caution...and thats now not after TSHTFBig GrinBig Grin

RE: Risk Assessment - Nemesis - 18 May 2012

(18 May 2012, 17:28)bigpaul Wrote:

i treat anyone i do not know with extreme caution...and thats now not after TSHTFBig GrinBig Grin

I agree with you I was trying to point out threat level and "Needs" I will use your dog as an example and not a human example, let’s say your dog got trapped under heavy rock you alone could not lift, the threat of a stranger (Risk Assessment) would be a lot less due to the fact the dog would die without the help to lift the rock.

(18 May 2012, 17:36)WetandCold Wrote:
(18 May 2012, 17:28)bigpaul Wrote:

I agree with you I was trying to point out threat level and "Needs" I will use your dog as an example and not a human example, let’s say your dog got trapped under heavy rock you alone could not lift, the threat of a stranger (Risk Assessment) would be a lot less due to the fact the dog would die without the help to lift the rock.
yes, i see, but the fact that i NEED that persons help to free the dog dosent mean that, in my case, i would trust that person, once the dog is free what then? do i trust him or is he just as likely to rob me...he may be a dog lover not a person personBig Grin

RE: Risk Assessment - Timelord - 2 June 2012

The idea of the question is to approach it from what you know about preppers and their motivations now. Do not look at it as if you are there at the time and the stranger is just an unknown stranger. I am asking you to look at it as a third party from your perspective on this forum. Do you think that if the other person was a prepper (which would be unknown to you at the time in the scenario) would make them more or less dangerous to you?? This is an evaluation as you are now from your keyboards not as if you had to answer it from within the scenario... Thankyou. Hopefully with perserverence we will get to the heart of the matter. LOL. TL.

RE: Risk Assessment - bigpaul - 2 June 2012

the fact that they are a prepper( although that fact is not known at the time) i think makes them less of a threat to me, but until i know they are a prepper would make me treat them with caution.

RE: Risk Assessment - Timelord - 2 June 2012

Thankyou BP, so you regard them as less of a threat with them being a prepper (unknown to you at the time).
That is what I am looking for.