Survival UK Forums
Herbal Medicine - Printable Version

+- Survival UK Forums (http://forum.survivaluk.net)
+-- Forum: Discussion Area (http://forum.survivaluk.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Forum: Medical (http://forum.survivaluk.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+---- Forum: Alternative Medicine (http://forum.survivaluk.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=63)
+---- Thread: Herbal Medicine (/showthread.php?tid=24)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Herbal Medicine - Kenneth Eames - 3 September 2011

When we mix herbal compound medicines there are four principles that we need to have in mind. These are: The basic ingredient or ingredients. This is the herb or herbs that contain the curative virtues. Second, an ingredient that will disguise the taste, making it taste more pleasant. Third, a medicine that will the basic ingredients action, i.e. to protect the mucous membrane. Often a laxative is added as well, where the bowels are not operating, or they are but only sluggishly. fourth, The vehicle which contains the above substances, e.g. water, alcohol, tablet base, syrup, capsule, etc..
I recommend that the following method of producing compound medicines be followed: Four parts of active herbs, One part of demulcent herb, One part of aromatic herb, One part of laxative herb. This may be omitted if the bowels are operating normally. Kenneth Eames

RE: Herbal Medicine - Skean Dhude - 3 September 2011

What sort of treatments are there available? Do you have examples of any recipes for particular illnesses.

RE: Herbal Medicine - Kenneth Eames - 3 September 2011

Yes, I will be giving details of various treatments but some will be far to large for the forum. I am at present writing some articles and do hope that you might print them on the main site. The compound medicine blog is a very important part of what I hope to teach survivors who are interested in alternative medicine. I will be posting some information within the next few days. Ken Eames.
Here is a sample formula for Nervousness. 50 gms of Valerian, 25 gms Scullcap, 25 gms Lime flowers, these three are the active herbs. 25 gms Marshmallow which is demulcent and emollient. 25 gms Catnip which is an aromatic carminative. 25 gms of Dandelion root which is a gentle laxative. You may omit the Dandelion root if the bowels are operating normally. Compare with my posting of mixing Compound medicines. Ken Eames

Ken,

Sounds good. I look forward to receiving it.

One thing though. I don't know what demulcent, emollient. and carminative mean. Can you explain any unusual words on the text or do you have a look up sheet you can supply. I try and put a pop up when I use words I think the reader may not know.

RE: Herbal Medicine - Kenneth Eames - 3 September 2011

I have a list of Herbal properties which would be better sent as an article. I have a great deal of material here which I will feed on to the site over a period of time. The forum is unsuitable for such material. However, there will be many more items on the forum dealing with formulae from time to time, and probably many other things. Finding time is my greatest problem. I will type up four or five articles over the coming week. Kenneth Eames.

OK. I'll await your emails.

RE: Herbal Medicine - grumpy old man - 3 September 2011

great stuff!
when posted on main site could it be down loaded and printed as i would like a copy to keep.
i think when i most need it i wont have my computer working
many thanks

RE: Herbal Medicine - Kenneth Eames - 4 September 2011

Grumpy old man, I am glad to have you aboard, because i'm a grumpy old man as well! I am glad you are interested. If things happen to go bad, which I think they will, next year. Many people will be dependent on the old ways of living. Old systems of medicine will be the only way of dealing with disease, for the NHS will cease to exist. I aim to put on the site as much material as SD is prepared to take. At present I teach herbal medicine where I live and intend to teach Homoeopathy soon. Ken Eames.

RE: Herbal Medicine - Kenneth Eames - 5 September 2011

The common Daisy may be used invirus infections,especially where there is a feeling of bruising. The combination of Greater Celandine and Blood Root are used to combat fungal diseases of the foot. An excellent remedy for atomic burns is the juice from Aloe vera (also called Cleopatra's Aloe)
Liquorice is used to heal gastric ulcers. Chamomile is good for flatulent colic, dyspepsia, soothing to the mucous membrane, and it influences the uterus relieving congestion and promoting the menstrual flow. Coltsfoot is a popular and effective cough remedy. It is used as a basis for herbal smoking mixtures. Kenneth Eames.

RE: Herbal Medicine - Lord T - 5 September 2011

What are atomic burns and invirus infections? I've not heard of them, are they common terms by a different name?