Survival UK Forums
Hello from Newcastle - Printable Version

+- Survival UK Forums (http://forum.survivaluk.net)
+-- Forum: Noticeboard (http://forum.survivaluk.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Introduce Yourself (http://forum.survivaluk.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=86)
+--- Thread: Hello from Newcastle (/showthread.php?tid=3039)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: Hello from Newcastle - RoadWarrior - 28 October 2012

Hello Mate.....all the best from Durham.....getting a few of us up North now...(im in agreement with NR about where the North starts) ..my other half used to think i was a bit cookoo..but has come round to the idea now.......especially when she runs out of say ...gravy granules or soup and says i had to "take one of your tins" and i say no there "ours" as im doing it for us ..!! see i dont need a degree in psychology !! Smile

RE: Hello from Newcastle - BrixhamBadger - 28 October 2012

Greetings Big Grin

Rolleyes I was up north yesterday... Shy I was at Ilfracombe. Tongue

RE: Hello from Newcastle - Geordie_Rob - 28 October 2012

Given there is a lot of debate regarding the north/south divide, I'll through my 2p worth in aswell. Anywhere south of the Tyne is down south. North of the Tyne, your a northerner :-)

RE: Hello from Newcastle - NorthernRaider - 28 October 2012

(28 October 2012, 12:21)Geordie_Rob Wrote: Given there is a lot of debate regarding the north/south divide, I'll through my 2p worth in aswell. Anywhere south of the Tyne is down south. North of the Tyne, your a northerner :-)

Think the scots and Northumbrians may disagree :, then the faro islanders !!

RE: Hello from Newcastle - Geordie_Rob - 28 October 2012

Nah, on a serious note, I would've classed down to Teesside area as the "border" for up north. Once you cross into Yorkshire territories, that in my eyes is not north.

I suppose it's different for everyone. If I lived on south coast, anywhere past London could be classed as up north.

RE: Hello from Newcastle - Hrusai - 28 October 2012

(28 October 2012, 12:37)Geordie_Rob Wrote: I suppose it's different for everyone. If I lived on south coast, anywhere past London could be classed as up north.

sounds about right to me xD i view anywhere north of me as north Tongue...which means theres alot of northerners on the site

RE: Hello from Newcastle - Scythe13 - 29 October 2012

Hi Rob.

Welcome to the forum.

What is it that got you into prepping? I had a friend (an author) suggest I look into what some of my business heroes are doing in their personal lives outside of work. Oddly they're prepping! He sent me a copy of his new book, and that gave me loads of ammunition to learn and get to understanding!!!

RE: Hello from Newcastle - NorthernRaider - 29 October 2012

(28 October 2012, 12:37)Geordie_Rob Wrote: Nah, on a serious note, I would've classed down to Teesside area as the "border" for up north. Once you cross into Yorkshire territories, that in my eyes is not north.

I suppose it's different for everyone. If I lived on south coast, anywhere past London could be classed as up north.

Yeah I put most things south of Middlesbrough as definately not being northern

RE: Hello from Newcastle - Geordie_Rob - 29 October 2012

Scythe, it's been a combination of things rather than 1 individual reason.

My main worry is storing food incase I get made redundant at work. If it happened, we might not be able to afford essentials such as food so having a store seems like common sense to me. I also worry about a spell of bad weather & the shops not being able to supply us. I had an experience a couple of years ago where we did our shopping online & the van couldn't deliver it because they were snowed in. We had some food in the house but were running low on essentials like bread & milk, packed lunch items. I had to drive 9 miles there & 9 back on icy roads to collect the shopping. Skidding around the road because the council idiots hadnt been out with the gritters isn't a nice experience, I can promise you that.

However since joining this & similar sites & seeing what is happening in the world (eurozone crisis, mass immigration, food shortages & price increases) its opened my eyes to other things & I don't want to get caught short.

I read a series of interviews from a Bosnian caught up during Balkans war (http://www.shtfschool.com if anyone fancies a read) & quite frankly it scared me. Women trading sex for tins of food, people being killed trying to find food for their family, people dying from infections in simple cuts. Plus I want to put off eating rat or grass pancakes as long as possible, for me & my family.

A little bit of effort now can put off a whole lot of suffering later on if anything bad was to happen.

Hope this answers your question.

RE: Hello from Newcastle - Scythe13 - 29 October 2012

Thanks GR.

Really good answer.

Do you have much outdoor experience and are you urban based, suburb, or rural? No postcodes please haha.