Survival UK Forums
Poppy Desecration. - Printable Version

+- Survival UK Forums (http://forum.survivaluk.net)
+-- Forum: News (http://forum.survivaluk.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=89)
+--- Forum: News (http://forum.survivaluk.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=90)
+--- Thread: Poppy Desecration. (/showthread.php?tid=3266)

Pages: 1 2 3

Poppy Desecration. - BrixhamBadger - 12 November 2012

Some total arseholes out there: http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2012/nov/12/kent-man-arrested-burning-poppy AngryAngryAngry
Rolleyes Ah... now the story is beginning to unfold... http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/facebook-user-arrested-for-posting-an-image-1431945

RE: Poppy Desecration. - Scythe13 - 12 November 2012

I just got half way through writing how I'd kick his arse and how his freedoms should be taken away from him, but then I realised an interesting thing.

It's a bit of a dichotomy. We are taking away his civil liberties and freedoms, which are exactly, those that fought for us, fought to keep (that's a confusing sentence). Although I'm abhorred and disgusted by his actions, they are exactly the actions our soldiers in both world wars, fought for. They fought for freedom, to be able to vote, to be able to disagree with the political system, they fought for our right to express ourselves. For our right to be individual.

As disgusted by his actions as I am, a part of me feels the soldiers past (although offended by his actions) would be shocked that our government are locking the man up and thus acting in the same way the regime, they warred against, would have acted! It's a real dichotomy. I want to kick the guy's arse and get him out of our country, if not dead. Yet, such actions on behalf of the government, are dictatorial and exactly what those soldiers gave their lives to fight against!

I still think he needs a good arse kicking!!!

RE: Poppy Desecration. - BrixhamBadger - 12 November 2012

Rolleyes If you want to kick some arse check this idiot out.

RE: Poppy Desecration. - NorthernRaider - 12 November 2012

I mat disagree 100% with what he says, but I'll fight until my last breath for his right to say it.
Bristol again, full of loons Smile

(12 November 2012, 11:27)NorthernRaider Wrote: I mat disagree 100% with what he says, but I'll fight until my last breath for his right to say it.

I hate to say it, but I'm with you on this.

RE: Poppy Desecration. - Lightspeed - 12 November 2012

(12 November 2012, 11:22)Scythe13 Wrote: I just got half way through writing how I'd kick his arse and how his freedoms should be taken away from him, but then I realised an interesting thing.

It's a bit of a dichotomy. We are taking away his civil liberties and freedoms, which are exactly, those that fought for us, fought to keep (that's a confusing sentence). Although I'm abhorred and disgusted by his actions, they are exactly the actions our soldiers in both world wars, fought for. They fought for freedom, to be able to vote, to be able to disagree with the political system, they fought for our right to express ourselves. For our right to be individual.

As disgusted by his actions as I am, a part of me feels the soldiers past (although offended by his actions) would be shocked that our government are locking the man up and thus acting in the same way the regime, they warred against, would have acted! It's a real dichotomy. I want to kick the guy's arse and get him out of our country, if not dead. Yet, such actions on behalf of the government, are dictatorial and exactly what those soldiers gave their lives to fight against!

I still think he needs a good arse kicking!!!

I applaud police tactics on this one.

The little B has the right of free speech that was fought and died for, and he's abused it in order to get attention .

The Kent Police have given him the right sort of attention in my oppinion. So what if they will have to let him go?.... I hope that his night in cells included such pleasantries of a FULL drugs search based on the photographic evidence he posted of himself burning opium poppies.

(12 November 2012, 14:00)Lightspeed Wrote: I applaud police tactics on this one.

The little B has the right of free speech that was fought and died for, and he's abused it in order to get attention .

The Kent Police have given him the right sort of attention in my oppinion. So what if they will have to let him go?.... I hope that his night in cells included such pleasantries of a FULL drugs search based on the photographic evidence he posted of himself burning opium poppies.

I can't disagree with you on this. I'm in a mental quandary where I'm possibly over thinking this.

I'd be all for pictures of him being posted online, and having an open warrant for his 'arrest' as done by citizens of the UK......dead or alive haha.

RE: Poppy Desecration. - Lightspeed - 12 November 2012

(12 November 2012, 14:10)Scythe13 Wrote:
(12 November 2012, 14:00)Lightspeed Wrote: I applaud police tactics on this one.

I can't disagree with you on this. I'm in a mental quandary where I'm possibly over thinking this.

I'd be all for pictures of him being posted online, and having an open warrant for his 'arrest' as done by citizens of the UK......dead or alive haha.

Good call

RE: Poppy Desecration. - Paul - 12 November 2012

You disrespect Remembrance day you are an ar@ehol@.
You burn poppy's you are an ar@ehol@.

As for the bleeding heart "free speech" brigade, they are no better than the jerk if not worse as they are condoning his actions no matter which moral ground they think he had.

You don't EVER disrespect Remembrance day.

(12 November 2012, 14:17)Paul Wrote: You disrespect Remembrance day you are an ar@ehol@.
You burn poppy's you are an ar@ehol@.

As for the bleeding heart "free speech" brigade, they are no better than the jerk if not worse as they are condoning his actions no matter which moral ground they think he had.

You don't EVER disrespect Remembrance day.

And thus my dichotomy.

I agree with that Paul. Yet those we are defending, that died for us, fought for us to have freedom and liberty...which this Cee U Next Tuesday, is expressing.

I want the guy to get the beating of his life, and send out a message to any others thinking of doing the same thing. Having said that, I'll be acting in a way TTD/L (Those That Died/Lived) were fighting against.