Survival UK Forums
Would they tell us? - Printable Version

+- Survival UK Forums (http://forum.survivaluk.net)
+-- Forum: Discussion Area (http://forum.survivaluk.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Forum: Threats and Risks (http://forum.survivaluk.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=46)
+--- Thread: Would they tell us? (/showthread.php?tid=3343)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Would they tell us? - NorthernRaider - 18 November 2012

Would they tell us?
© NR 2012

Ask yourselves this simple question, if the met office / climatologists etc worked out that perhaps climate change was real and one of its more immediate effects was winters like 2010 and winter storms like Sandy were going to happen on an increasing frequency very fast indeed. Imagine if the governments Ologists and experts honestly believed that say over the next 50 years nearly every, or every other winter was going to be as bad as 2010’s was?.

Perhaps it’s not climate change if you struggle to consider this scenario, perhaps if for example if the PTB found out that the real reason why Vlad Putin in Russia was passing laws making it treason for Russians to talk to foreigners (that is actually real) and clamping down on the media and foreign influence in Russia was because the natural gas was either running out very fast OR it actually cost ten times more to extract than was actually thought.

NO? OK what if the UN plus national governments realised that this series of horrendous droughts , floods, storms etc that have decimated much of the world’s grain producing areas had actually left us with not enough food to feed the planet and we were living off the remaining stocks.

Governments are notorious in wanting to prevent panic or chaos at any cost because it always just adds to the problems they are trying to address.

If the sheeple KNEW in advance that the next four month’s the snow was going to keep falling and the temperature would not rise above minus 12 they would be out now , yes right now grabbing every bottled gas appliance, portable heater, bag of fire wood, sack of coal they could get. Within 24 hours all available stocks would be used up but the panic would have set in by now. The sheeple would be racing around trying to buy up / take / steal any fuels they could get.

So it would not take much of a step in your imagination to realise that from the governments point of view it would make more sense to say nothing or play down the real threat that faced us.

Imagine if mad Vlad was telling the EU, Baltic states and Ukraine that gas prices were going to rise by 100% in the next few months and payment must be in gold or grain?? as he tried to buffer his nation to the effects of the gas running out.

Imagine the panic and chaos if much of the northern part of Western Europe was going to run out of gas either this winter or if they gave the Russians their nations grain and gold reserves next winter at the latest.

The actual scenarios are not what is important, what is vitally important is DO YOU THINK THE GOVERNMENT WOULD TELL US?

I know our politicians would put themselves first and foremost and be stocking up their country estates with coal, logs, heating oil, food and bodyguards long before they said anything to the public.

SO do you think if a climatic crisis, winter wipe out, gas vacuum, etc was just over the horizon do you think the authorities would face in inevitable chaos, panic buying looting and anarchy that would occur if they told us?

If the answer is no watcha gonna do bout it ?
NR

RE: Would they tell us? - uks - 18 November 2012

Of course they would not as usual sort themselves out and there mates. Then tell us to late about stocking up on things.

RE: Would they tell us? - Highlander - 18 November 2012

Goverments are good at what they do,... it seems that they very often know about something, but often put it to one side to be fought over another day [ the Ash tree problem is typical, it was known about two years ago ],.. so if we assume that this might be the case, then I would doubt we would be aware of anything, ... except for a very small group of people, probably the bunch sat around the C.O.B.R.A. table.

If the same situation was being taken seriuosly and the govermentr were trying to do something, but trying at the same time to keep it quiet, then I think we would know something was up, there would be either too many leaks, from inside the goverment by those trying to gain political points,... or by certain `connected` people suddenly seen to be stocking up on certain `important` items

Would the goverment tell us?,..... probably not directly, they would make certain public statements about cold weather coming, councils would be told to increase supplies of salt, ... this way they would be seen to be warning us,... but I doubt very much they would tell us everything

RE: Would they tell us? - bigpaul - 18 November 2012

i think the answer is no, as to what to do about it is a bit of a quandary as i assume we wouldnt know about it?

RE: Would they tell us? - The Local Ned - 18 November 2012

(18 November 2012, 11:42)bigpaul Wrote: i think the answer is no, as to what to do about it is a bit of a quandary as i assume we wouldnt know about it?

Exactly BP.

That's why we prep mate.

RE: Would they tell us? - bigpaul - 18 November 2012

(18 November 2012, 12:24)The Local Ned Wrote:
(18 November 2012, 11:42)bigpaul Wrote: i think the answer is no, as to what to do about it is a bit of a quandary as i assume we wouldnt know about it?

Exactly BP.

That's why we prep mate.

yes, and that is what my answer would be, continue to prep to the best of our ability and budget.

RE: Would they tell us? - Destiny - 18 November 2012

of course they wouldn't. it's a simple answer really.

RE: Would they tell us? - Metroyeti - 18 November 2012

I trust the goverment to lie,cheat and steal, but not to give people the heads up on whats going on.

RE: Would they tell us? - Mandlaka - 18 November 2012

Tell us???

The day they ever come out and tell the truth early and not when it's 5 minutes to zero hour is the day the world begins anew instead of ends.

They certainly will sort themselves and their mates and families out while the sheeple die in their thousands.
The PTB and their loved ones will be the only survivors along with preppers who are prepared enough and can avoid the sheeple...

RE: Would they tell us? - Straight Shooter - 18 November 2012

not a bloody chance..they would loose control within 48 hours...by not saying or warning us they stay control until the very last minute..thats when we would know ( unless you are a prepper we are tuned in we would see through the bs) they will stand up and tell us "not our fault its world events ,bad weather,) make it up yourselves, but it will look and sound very plausible which is their plan..if they can,t control a riot in london, they got no chance nationally....even if they had ALL the military forces , all police and all private security they could NOT control anything AT ALL ....do you think for one moment (people in the know) are not prepping just like we are , THEY KNOW and use this to their advantage.... WTSHTF it will be very very fast ... and thats why most sheeple will not even see it coming....another part of the plan...you can forget police they will be to busy looking after their own families to give a sh.t about yours..look at the SPEED of break down in london ......do the math "our time as preppers will be the defence of what we have in our stores" THAT and THAT alone scares the sh.t out of me