Survival UK Forums
nissen hut home for sale - Printable Version

+- Survival UK Forums (http://forum.survivaluk.net)
+-- Forum: News (http://forum.survivaluk.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=89)
+--- Forum: News (http://forum.survivaluk.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=90)
+--- Thread: nissen hut home for sale (/showthread.php?tid=3851)

Pages: 1 2

nissen hut home for sale - bigpaul - 4 January 2013

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2257101/Three-bedroom-WW11-Nissen-hut-home-wartime-land-girls-56-years-emerges-sale.html i want one! pity its not in the south-west!!

RE: nissen hut home for sale - BeardyMan - 4 January 2013

(4 January 2013, 14:49)bigpaul Wrote: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2257101/Three-bedroom-WW11-Nissen-hut-home-wartime-land-girls-56-years-emerges-sale.html i want one! pity its not in the south-west!!

Unfortunately it'll be demolished as soon as the land changes hands and a new house will be built on it. Sad

Shame, that would be a superb place to live

RE: nissen hut home for sale - MikeAlpha3041 - 4 January 2013

I have a WW11 brick-built air raid shelter in my back garden comprising of 4" reinforced concrete floor and roof and 14" reinforced brick walls, 8' tall and 12' x 14' - I wonder how much that is worth?

Buyer dismantles and collects..... Big GrinBig GrinBig Grin

RE: nissen hut home for sale - BeardyMan - 4 January 2013

(4 January 2013, 15:36)MikeAlpha3041 Wrote: I have a WW11 brick-built air raid shelter in my back garden comprising of 4" reinforced concrete floor and roof and 14" reinforced brick walls, 8' tall and 12' x 14' - I wonder how much that is worth?

World War Eleven you say? I would have expected something more technologically advanced! Big Grin Tongue

RE: nissen hut home for sale - MikeAlpha3041 - 4 January 2013

(4 January 2013, 15:39)BeardyMan Wrote:
(4 January 2013, 15:36)MikeAlpha3041 Wrote: I have a WW11 brick-built air raid shelter in my back garden comprising of 4" reinforced concrete floor and roof and 14" reinforced brick walls, 8' tall and 12' x 14' - I wonder how much that is worth?

World War Eleven you say? I would have expected something more technologically advanced! Big Grin Tongue

You mean you missed WW's 3-10 oh yea, I forgot they were all cyber-wars and you had to be fighting them on the frontline to know they were going on...... CoolBig GrinBig GrinBig GrinTongue

(4 January 2013, 16:08)MikeAlpha3041 Wrote:

You mean you missed WW's 3-10 oh yea, I forgot they were all cyber-wars and you had to be fighting them on the frontline to know they were going on...... CoolBig GrinBig GrinBig GrinTongue

"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." - Albert Einstein

RE: nissen hut home for sale - Highlander - 5 January 2013

I would guess that the Nisson hut was a bit cool in the winter,..I used to have one on a small farm I sold about 20 years ago, we used it for storing hay,... last [ almost ] forever

I want a WWII bunker..... I do, I do

RE: nissen hut home for sale - bigpaul - 5 January 2013

(5 January 2013, 15:30)Highlander Wrote: I would guess that the Nisson hut was a bit cool in the winter,.

be alright with a decent log burner in it, only sissies have double glazing anyway!!Big Grin

(5 January 2013, 15:36)bigpaul Wrote:
(5 January 2013, 15:30)Highlander Wrote: I would guess that the Nisson hut was a bit cool in the winter,.

be alright with a decent log burner in it, only sissies have double glazing anyway!!Big Grin

Big GrinBig Grin

RE: nissen hut home for sale - Bucket - 5 January 2013

WW6 was a doozy- lasted all of ten minutes Smile

Wonder what the council would say if I put planning permission in for an air raid shelter (wine cellar) with those dimensions?

Well if I had the money, I would certainly try for planning permission to build an underground `Wine sellar`,.. people think keeping wine in an underground controled temp quiet normal,.. the chance are you would get it,... depending on where you live of course