Survival UK Forums
Just got wind of my own personal SHTF situation.... - Printable Version

+- Survival UK Forums (http://forum.survivaluk.net)
+-- Forum: Discussion Area (http://forum.survivaluk.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Forum: An Open Box (http://forum.survivaluk.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=78)
+--- Thread: Just got wind of my own personal SHTF situation.... (/showthread.php?tid=3862)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

RE: Just got wind of my own personal SHTF situation.... - Highlander - 9 January 2013

(9 January 2013, 20:00)Barneyboy Wrote: the prob is that every one and there auntie is looking for a job and you boss is in the no pal this is a world for the rich mate

Thats the problem thought,.. the boss knows that, so he has the upper hands and knows it,.... but at the same time, a guy like Mike has a family, so he has to do what he thinks is right,..which `might` mean that takeing one of the jobs is better than walking,.... Mike I dont envey you

RE: Just got wind of my own personal SHTF situation.... - Straight Shooter - 9 January 2013

wish you well mike however you play it.....but only you know whats best for you pal ....good luck!

RE: Just got wind of my own personal SHTF situation.... - MikeAlpha3041 - 10 January 2013

Thanks for the feed back and support guys and you're right, only I can make the decision.

I'm in talks with she who must be obeyed and trying to make the right decision for us so I'll keep you posted.

MA

RE: Just got wind of my own personal SHTF situation.... - MikeAlpha3041 - 10 January 2013

Still in family negotiations but it is looking like we may try to make a go of it for ourselves......

I'm leaning towards not putting my faith in any kind of employer but more on becoming "self-sufficient" whereas my wife (who hasn't been employed by for anyone at least 12 years....) still thinks that there "maybe" there is a job out there with security and that I should stick with what is on offer and look for something else in the meantime - she reckons that it will give us time to prepare, I'm not so sure and think that the opportunity as it stands should be grabbed with both hands, take the redundancy and take a chance on becoming responsible for ourselves.....

Thoughts anyone..... Undecided Undecided

RE: Just got wind of my own personal SHTF situation.... - BeardyMan - 10 January 2013

(10 January 2013, 12:14)MikeAlpha3041 Wrote: Still in family negotiations but it is looking like we may try to make a go of it for ourselves......

I'm leaning towards not putting my faith in any kind of employer but more on becoming "self-sufficient" whereas my wife (who hasn't been employed by for anyone at least 12 years....) still thinks that there "maybe" there is a job out there with security and that I should stick with what is on offer and look for something else in the meantime - she reckons that it will give us time to prepare, I'm not so sure and think that the opportunity as it stands should be grabbed with both hands, take the redundancy and take a chance on becoming responsible for ourselves.....

Thoughts anyone..... Undecided Undecided

Go for it. Even if it doesn't work out as expected at least you know that you took the leap of faith and gave it a damn good go.

What is it you're thinking of doing as "employment" instead of work?

RE: Just got wind of my own personal SHTF situation.... - Skean Dhude - 10 January 2013

Good luck with your decision.

RE: Just got wind of my own personal SHTF situation.... - Highlander - 10 January 2013

All the best luck in the world Mike,... which ever you do

RE: Just got wind of my own personal SHTF situation.... - TheFalcon - 11 January 2013

i wish you the best of luck mike,i am not that far from you i am currently out of work and have applied for thousands of jobs in london no joke.Believe me it is hard to find a job in london,it may be easier for you because you drive and i dont but please think a lot about your decision.

all the best

RE: Just got wind of my own personal SHTF situation.... - MikeAlpha3041 - 11 January 2013

Crunch time today - should be receiving the written conformation in writing by mid-day today so......

MA

RE: Just got wind of my own personal SHTF situation.... - BeardyMan - 11 January 2013

If you do opt for the redundancy, I'd request a blindingly good reference or two from the senior managers. It's amazing how far a good reference can get you. Especially one that is returned quickly.