Survival UK Forums
Handcrafted bushcraft knife - Printable Version

+- Survival UK Forums (http://forum.survivaluk.net)
+-- Forum: Shopping Precinct (http://forum.survivaluk.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Selling stuff (http://forum.survivaluk.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Thread: Handcrafted bushcraft knife (/showthread.php?tid=4456)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Handcrafted bushcraft knife - Northumbriman - 4 March 2013

Ok I am in the middle of making a bushcraft knife. It will be Hand made from high carbon steel and its got a left handed skandi single bevel grind. It will be full tang with hardwood scales. I will be putting up some pics soon. If anyone is interested let me know. There will be others on the way as the weather improves since a lot of the work is done outside and I don't work well with frostbite !!!Shy

Price will be a damn site keener than the prices on other sites for hand made bushcrafters cos i only do this as a hobby so am only looking at covering costs.

(4 March 2013, 18:46)Northumbriman Wrote: Ok I am in the middle of making a bushcraft knife. It will be Hand made from high carbon steel and its got a left handed skandi single bevel grind. It will be full tang with hardwood scales. I will be putting up some pics soon. If anyone is interested let me know. There will be others on the way as the weather improves since a lot of the work is done outside and I don't work well with frostbite !!!Shy

Price will be a damn site keener than the prices on other sites for hand made bushcrafters cos i only do this as a hobby so am only looking at covering costs.

Oh yes my avatar is an example of a survival knife I made previously. Hope to add some more pics soon.

RE: Handcrafted bushcraft knife - BeardyMan - 4 March 2013

I'm interested, depending on price etc Big Grin

RE: Handcrafted bushcraft knife - bigpaul - 4 March 2013

always interested in another knife, depending on price.

RE: Handcrafted bushcraft knife - I-K-E - 4 March 2013

price dependant I could be interested too

RE: Handcrafted bushcraft knife - Mandlaka - 4 March 2013

As per the above worthies have stated, I am interested too depending on price.
But I think it will be affordable if you are only looking to cover costs.

RE: Handcrafted bushcraft knife - TheFalcon - 5 March 2013

If its a good deal im inBig Grin

RE: Handcrafted bushcraft knife - preservefreak - 5 March 2013

sounds great, I'm pretty new to bushcraft so I'm still wrangling with the knife thing. practicing with a cheap mora which I would like to upgrade when I get more confident, thanks for letting us know

RE: Handcrafted bushcraft knife - Northumbriman - 5 March 2013

Ok well the current knife is approx half complete. As its a skandi grind the knife will suit a left hand. I will rope my techy son into setting up a you tube vid of some of my knives in use. When We get it up I will post a link on here.

RE: Handcrafted bushcraft knife - Mosstrooper - 5 March 2013

I’d certainly be interested to see the work in progress and the finished job.
i`ve had go at making one out of an hand plane blade, it was just a diy jobby

RE: Handcrafted bushcraft knife - BeardyMan - 6 March 2013

Would you make one on commission? I'm after a nice hand made knife for my collection, and I'd rather pay you to make it than someone else! I can probably provide most of the components too if that's any good?