Survival UK Forums
Morals and canibalism.... - Printable Version

+- Survival UK Forums (http://forum.survivaluk.net)
+-- Forum: Discussion Area (http://forum.survivaluk.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Forum: Morals and Ethics (http://forum.survivaluk.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=77)
+--- Thread: Morals and canibalism.... (/showthread.php?tid=452)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

RE: Morals and canibalism.... - Reality Jones - 18 November 2011

Cannibalism is only abhorent to humans, every other species on the planet (as far as I know) has no problem with eating its own.
Nature doesn't see Good and Evil it only sees Survival and Death. If we are to survive after an event then we must adapt, this doesn't mean flushing our humanity down the toilet but it does mean an abandonment of all the shackles that hold us back and stop us reaching our full potential as Human beings.
The fact that we even entertain the thought of cannabalism and discuss it openly on a forum means we have already begun to adapt and change.

RE: Morals and canibalism.... - JD1 - 18 November 2011

All joking aside

Like I mentioned earlier I think there is a big difference between making a burger out of a dead body you find frozen in the snow when you are at deaths door yourself, and actively going out and hunting "live" people as a source of protein.

I certainly wouldn't be in a group who chose the latter option, I would be either avoiding them completely, or if they were in my area, "culling" them.

Each to their own though Tongue

RE: Morals and canibalism.... - bigpaul - 18 November 2011

Like most people, i think it would be "an action of last resort", when one is faced with imminent oblivion, and even then i think it would be hacking bits off a dead person rather than going hunting live ones!

RE: Morals and canibalism.... - Skean Dhude - 18 November 2011

Mmmm. I'm with you guys but I'll hunt politicians and their collaborators for dog food. Won't eat it myself because it'll be rancid before it starts.

RE: Morals and canibalism.... - JD1 - 18 November 2011

You could always feed them to your pigs and then eat the pigs later Smile

RE: Morals and canibalism.... - Skean Dhude - 18 November 2011

I'll look after the pigs better than that. Dogs are scavangers and there is less chance of something crossing the species barrier from the dogs to me.

RE: Morals and canibalism.... - mikebratcher69 - 19 November 2011

well its all well and good saying you wont now. I know for a fact if my or me is starving, somebodys gonna cop it..
but as said in previous posts its kinda weird, dead bodies first, ferral council estate gangs next...
even with canibalism for me they'd be rules, for example I wouldnt kull anybody providing for a family, i'd share, or in my "tribe" etc..
thats how it works in brazil, they eat the next tribe not their own.
But I think a last resort, but not to be discounted as for me survival is more important than morals.

RE: Morals and canibalism.... - grumpy old man - 21 November 2011

you have to be right in the head to survive any thing goes are what's the point of preping half hartly either your in to win by all means fair or foul or stop preping sell your stuff have a great time with the money the wtshtf top yourself survival is black and white

RE: Morals and canibalism.... - JD1 - 21 November 2011

(21 November 2011, 01:33)grumpy old man Wrote: you have to be right in the head to survive any thing goes are what's the point of preping half hartly either your in to win by all means fair or foul or stop preping sell your stuff have a great time with the money the wtshtf top yourself survival is black and white

So you're saying that if i'm not prepared to hunt down my gran and eat her I aught to sell everything and give up prepping ?

RE: Morals and canibalism.... - Skean Dhude - 21 November 2011

JD,

I don't thin so. In my view I'm not prepared to hunt my gran down either but the mere fact we have discussed it means when the time comes we have another option on the table.

Regardless of whether you accept it or not it is always an option. Some of us will decide that they would rather die, some would decide they would rather live and some Grans would offer themselves.

I think we are unlikely to ever have to make that choice so we can pretend it doesn't exist and put it to the back of our mind.