Survival UK Forums
Morals and canibalism.... - Printable Version

+- Survival UK Forums (http://forum.survivaluk.net)
+-- Forum: Discussion Area (http://forum.survivaluk.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Forum: Morals and Ethics (http://forum.survivaluk.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=77)
+--- Thread: Morals and canibalism.... (/showthread.php?tid=452)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

RE: Morals and canibalism.... - mikebratcher69 - 21 November 2011

I think my grans out any way she's been brown bread for years....

RE: Morals and canibalism.... - grumpy old man - 23 November 2011

jd1
we can all paint nice pictures of how we see the future itshif or teotwawki but look at the things that happened due the world wars or in africa when there is no food some of the choice to survive are hard and most couldn't make or do my beloved couldn't bring her self to eat rat never mind any thing else i'am not saying i would eat her in a pot with potatoes but if it meant that i live by eating other people and stay fighting fit and heathly then theres is no choice in the pan they go no love lost i really think most prepers should give up and spend there money on a good time because they will not have it in them to go that extra mile to survive we take about how many will be unprepard when something happens but i think only 10 -15 % of prepers would see it all the way because of their mind set not that their mad just different we as a country have really good soilders but the best are in the special forces and that number is not a big one because not a lot of people have got that special thing that makes them different if you see what i mean ?
so it is ok stocking up with a bit of food or water to see you thought until help comes or the gov can sort you but to go that extra mile only you have that answer if it's yes and you find you can't deal with the horrior and hardships what a waste of time and money but if it's yes and you can welldone you might have just survived

RE: Morals and canibalism.... - JD1 - 23 November 2011

I'm not painting any nice pictures grumpy, i realise just how difficult things could get. The problem i have is with your point that if i'm not prepared to do everything (including eating people) i might as well pack it in now, total bs in my opinion.

RE: Morals and canibalism.... - grumpy old man - 24 November 2011

jd1
i understand what your saying but if you look around this country you will see there's not much food growing and in reality when the shops have been robbed and peoples homes have been looted the animals live in the fields and streets are in the pot anything that's grows will go and what you have will go either you eat it or them but it will go there will be no farmers, who's going to look after the farmer while he grows stuff to eat and how many people including preppers could off grid now and grow first time enough food for them and family with out mistakes or crop fail knowing the right amount to plant, cut and reseed etc so the reality is growing enough food is out the window
now put this with the fact people don't just curl up and die and the young today act like animals in their little gangs high on drugs and more weapons than the police want you to think have 9mm hand guns, assult rifles and other things like shotguns and other weapons willing to attack and rape, torucher murder for fun! burn you things just for a laugh in front of you and that's when the police is there to turn to and save you what do you think will happen when it's just you and no one to help that's the nice piture you could throw the weather in or illness or other factors now what you going to eat is that the point you kill yourself and wife and kids are let the animals do it and i don't mean the ones on 4 legs there is no one to help because you can't share what you have with the people around you you wouldn't have other prepper because we don't trust each other aswell were not going to meet up lay are cards on the table with what we have in case we are robbed. so if you aren't will to eat people as a last choice filler is it really worth going through that hell and suffering to die of starveation i think not you would be better taking a pile off sleeping tables and a bottle of whisky and so sweet dreams, if this is your way enjoy life now with you money if not prep away but buy more food than you think to last about 5 to 10 years and hide all over. the other opition is to prep for a short term thing when you know the gov. will still help and save you but that's not survivalisim
an old saying goes to "win the war you must be willing to die in battle"
that can be used in most things we do not just fighing

RE: Morals and canibalism.... - bigpaul - 24 November 2011

Grumpy, you dont half paint a rosy picture!! but as i have said before on this site, your scenario will only happen if: a huge event happens which shuts off the oil supply and/or shuts down the power grid cutting off fuel and food supplies. if that is something like a pandemic, then there will be a huge die-off which will release the strain on the survivors. the animals in the field will only be at risk if the city dwellers have enough sense to get out of the city and even then it depends where they go- i see them heading for relatives homes in another town, i personally dont think your average sheeple city dweller would last the first winter in the countryside.

RE: Morals and canibalism.... - NorthernRaider - 24 November 2011

Well I have held off joining in this thread, instead choosing to enjoy reading the very well thought out issues being raised, But at the end of the day it leaves me with one point uppermost in my ageing mind. We have no control or influence on the causes of a crisis regardless of whatever scenario comes to pass, surely (shirley) our efforts would be more wisely spent on debating ways of surviving the unspecified or unidentified crisis, instead of debating which catastrophe is going to befall us ?

RE: Morals and canibalism.... - Skean Dhude - 24 November 2011

I'm with NR here. As I've said in the main site. Pick the highest event you think will occur and prepare for that. It will cover all of the ones of lesser or the same impact easily and some you don't think will occur.

Regarding the subject here. It is finished really. One of the following will happen;
1) You never run out of food
2) You run out but make do with what you have, some starve
3) You run out and are so hungry you eat your Gran
hopefully we will never find out which.

It's down to the individual sitting at home chewing on a bit of apple and thinking of a nice meal, we can say anything about what we will and won't do but it is just a theoretical question atm. To allof us and to be honest how much meat will be on your Gran? It is untestable really.

RE: Morals and canibalism.... - NorthernRaider - 24 November 2011

I know I often anger and annoy some of my peers as they mistake my encouragement as criticism, but guys the absolute best single step most of you can do is to move house NOW, to a more secure, self sufficient and rural location. Yes you job is important, as is your kids schooling and you wifes, aunts, cousins gardeners lumbago, but at the end of the day its your families safety and continuity at stake. All I'm asking AGAIN is for you to at least sit down for 1/2 hour and reappraise your current position, surely there must be an option you can live with that will allow you to move away for the towns ASAP ?

Please guys this is NOT an attack, or criticism, or browbeating, its a genuine plea, You guys have got the brains and had the foresight to become preppers and WE will need as many of us as possible to help us all get through the coming troubles.

RE: Morals and canibalism.... - Kenneth Eames - 24 November 2011

Thanks NR for this I agree with you. If you live in a city or large town get out as quickly as possible. Get to the country as soon as possible, learn as much as possible about the area and what natural foods are available. If possible learn about edible plants, if near the sea about sea foods, and as much other information about places where you might have to bugout. There is so much that you will need to learn so start now. There is a great deal of excellent material available on this site study it and each day more is being added, absorb as much as possible. Carry out surveillance of the area, this is essential. Kenneth Eames.

RE: Morals and canibalism.... - Skean Dhude - 24 November 2011

Mr,

I agree with you. However I suspect many of us will not be able to relocate at all for a variety of reasons. That is why we still talk about options for those who must stay in a city or large town. We can emphasise it all we want. Some just can't.