Survival UK Forums
Wolves in the UK, post SHTF. - Printable Version

+- Survival UK Forums (http://forum.survivaluk.net)
+-- Forum: Discussion Area (http://forum.survivaluk.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Forum: An Open Box (http://forum.survivaluk.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=78)
+--- Thread: Wolves in the UK, post SHTF. (/showthread.php?tid=4723)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

RE: Wolves in the UK, post SHTF. - bigpaul - 8 April 2013

(8 April 2013, 17:50)Luci_ferson Wrote: your also assuming the animals are released at the beginning.

I reckon they wouldn't be released until there was no other option
these keepers would stay with them for as long as they could.
and only when they realised there was no hope would they let them loose.
by then the petrol would have run out long ago.

i'm assuming they would release them when the food supplies stopped coming rather than let them starve??

i mean they would release them when they are in good condition and can hunt for themselves rather than wait until their starving and could hardly stand.....

i mean...its your scenario...not mine!Big Grin

RE: Wolves in the UK, post SHTF. - Ghost - 8 April 2013

I found a young BP on you tube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3OTn6Hv3mIo

Enjoy the wolf

RE: Wolves in the UK, post SHTF. - Highlander - 8 April 2013

I think that there is a bit of a difference between the Zoo`s of this countries and various animal sanitary`s.

Zoo staff are simply people who work there, if the SHTF then its unlikely that they would think to release any of the animals, they will have their own problems

Staff at most animal sanitary`s,... lets say the Wolf sanitary, are usually dedicated people often volunteers who are far more likely to think about releasing those in their charge.

The animals in Zoos, would probably still be caged when food starts to run out, so these animals might well become someone dinner, after all the animals are caged and easy prey, even some of the biggest beasts may fall foul to hungry people,..so I personaly dont see zoo animals as ever being a threat

Wolves are a completely different problem, but I dont think they would be a problem to man, they are very shy creatures and would revert [even more than they are now] back to their more wild side and stay well clear of man, after all they will have far easier prey all around them,.. they will also head for quiet places, remote hill country and the like, so the likes of Yorkshire Wales, Scotland

(8 April 2013, 17:59)Highlander Wrote: I think that there is a bit of a difference between the Zoo`s of this countries and various animal sanitary`s.

Zoo staff are simply people who work there, if the SHTF then its unlikely that they would think to release any of the animals, they will have their own problems

Staff at most animal sanitary`s,... lets say the Wolf sanitary, are usually dedicated people often volunteers who are far more likely to think about releasing those in their charge.

The animals in Zoos, would probably still be caged when food starts to run out, so these animals might well become someone dinner, after all the animals are caged and easy prey, even some of the biggest beasts may fall foul to hungry people,..so I personaly dont see zoo animals as ever being a threat

Wolves are a completely different problem, but I dont think they would be a problem to man, they are very shy creatures and would revert [even more than they are now] back to their more wild side and stay well clear of man, after all they will have far easier prey all around them,.. they will also head for quiet places, remote hill country and the like, so the likes of Yorkshire Wales, Scotland

thanks HL, you summed it up very nicely, this what i think too...even IF some wolves are released.

RE: Wolves in the UK, post SHTF. - Luci_ferson - 8 April 2013

(8 April 2013, 17:52)bigpaul Wrote:
(8 April 2013, 17:50)Luci_ferson Wrote: your also assuming the animals are released at the beginning.

I reckon they wouldn't be released until there was no other option
these keepers would stay with them for as long as they could.
and only when they realised there was no hope would they let them loose.
by then the petrol would have run out long ago.

i'm assuming they would release them when the food supplies stopped coming rather than let them starve??

that's where I assume the same but different.

what happens if the collapse is a fuel collapse, and the first thing to go is the fuel.
the reason theres a food shortage is cos theres no transport for the food to get where it needs to go.

i mean they would release them when they are in good condition and can hunt for themselves rather than wait until their starving and could hardly stand.....

i mean...its your scenario...not mine!Big Grin

maybe the fuel is the first thing to go , and therefore what causes the food shortages.

by the way the zoo where the man stayed with the sick animal instead of going home to his wife for 4 days was paignton zoo.
and its in the uk.

im looking forward to the nice release of all the edible animals.

you obviously havent read Highlanders post.....i'm with him!! anyway its all supposition anyway, maybe there will be a global pandemic and very few..human or animal ...survive....so there will be plenty of room for all those that do......maybe i'll be the Tribal leader of Devon...who knows?? NOBODY!!!

RE: Wolves in the UK, post SHTF. - Ghost - 8 April 2013

Who's the tribal leader of Devon??

And where can I apply for the job?

no way would I apply for leader of anywhere, its hard enough being responsible for me, I don't want others too.

il be keeping head down, and waiting for someone to form some sort of reasonable order.
if no-one does then accept the new way of life and get on with it.

(8 April 2013, 18:25)Ghost Wrote: Who's the tribal leader of Devon??

And where can I apply for the job?

no chance.....we wouldnt let you into the county.

(8 April 2013, 18:31)Luci_ferson Wrote: no way would I apply for leader of anywhere, its hard enough being responsible for me, I don't want others too.

il be keeping head down, and waiting for someone to form some sort of reasonable order.
if no-one does then accept the new way of life and get on with it.

no maybe not, i was just thinking if there were only a few people left then we'd probably go for a tribal set up. i dont really want to be leader of anything i'd rather be on my own, responsible for no one, and answerable to no one.

damn , I was gonna nominate you as leader of devon,
just incase I have to go down there for anything (family down there)
its always handy to know the leader lol