Survival UK Forums
Wolves in the UK, post SHTF. - Printable Version

+- Survival UK Forums (http://forum.survivaluk.net)
+-- Forum: Discussion Area (http://forum.survivaluk.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Forum: An Open Box (http://forum.survivaluk.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=78)
+--- Thread: Wolves in the UK, post SHTF. (/showthread.php?tid=4723)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

RE: Wolves in the UK, post SHTF. - bigpaul - 8 April 2013

5kg bag of Bakers (weight control cos she's a 10 year old speyed bitch) costs £11.99 last her about 6 weeks.

(7 April 2013, 19:41)Tartar Horde Wrote: If the SHTF in a big way and any of these top predators escape into the countryside we are looking at major problems regarding the UK. Our North American cousins have the edge with being able to own weapons sufficient enough to protect themselves, unfortunately in our restrictive society we do not have that luxury.
Most people have no idea what these animals are capable of as they have only seen them in the artificial environment of zoos and wild life parks. With any serious breakdown you would see these animals inhabit a world of endless opportunities. Imagine all the farm animals they could feed on, not to mention the wild game like Deer that are so common these days, it would be the promised land. All the top feline predators would be able to survive the UK winter, as would the Wolves and Bears.
Any Human survivors would see themselves thrust back into a world inhabited by the predators of our Ice Age ancestors, without the weapons to protect themselves. Unless you have firearms can you seriously imagine having to fight off a Leopard, Lion or Tiger, never mind a pack off Dogs or Wolves, and what about Bears. I like to think I am a decent archer but I would have to be insane or desperate to even consider taking on these animals with anything less than than a serious firearm.
all this talk of wolves is rediculous there arent that many in the whole country, and even if lions and tigers did escape spread out over the country they wouldnt amount to much per square mile, you'd just have to be more aware when out and about and know what their paw prints look like.

RE: Wolves in the UK, post SHTF. - Metroyeti - 8 April 2013

Beardy whens hes an adult you could look into a cheaper alternative, im guessing your feeding him on burns/royal canin?

The benefit of better quality dog food is it produces less waste(poop)

RE: Wolves in the UK, post SHTF. - BeardyMan - 8 April 2013

(8 April 2013, 13:21)Metroyeti Wrote: Beardy whens hes an adult you could look into a cheaper alternative, im guessing your feeding him on burns/royal canin?

Aye, Royal Canin Giant Puppy.

This gives LESS poop??? Jesus, I hate to think what he'd be like on normal stuff!! If I could sell dog shit I'd be a bloody millionaire...

(8 April 2013, 13:28)BeardyMan Wrote:
(8 April 2013, 13:21)Metroyeti Wrote: Beardy whens hes an adult you could look into a cheaper alternative, im guessing your feeding him on burns/royal canin?

Aye, Royal Canin Giant Puppy.

This gives LESS poop??? Jesus, I hate to think what he'd be like on normal stuff!! If I could sell dog shit I'd be a bloody millionaire...
well you could always be a slug farmer-they love the stuff.

I'm tempted to make some form of PVC pipe "Dog Waste Disposal Cannon" to eject it from the garden. Just for shits and giggles Wink

RE: Wolves in the UK, post SHTF. - Binnie - 8 April 2013

(8 April 2013, 11:25)bigpaul Wrote: 5kg bag of Bakers (weight control cos she's a 10 year old speyed bitch) costs £11.99 last her about 6 weeks.

(7 April 2013, 19:41)Tartar Horde Wrote: If the SHTF in a big way and any of these top predators escape into the countryside we are looking at major problems regarding the UK. Our North American cousins have the edge with being able to own weapons sufficient enough to protect themselves, unfortunately in our restrictive society we do not have that luxury.
Most people have no idea what these animals are capable of as they have only seen them in the artificial environment of zoos and wild life parks. With any serious breakdown you would see these animals inhabit a world of endless opportunities. Imagine all the farm animals they could feed on, not to mention the wild game like Deer that are so common these days, it would be the promised land. All the top feline predators would be able to survive the UK winter, as would the Wolves and Bears.
Any Human survivors would see themselves thrust back into a world inhabited by the predators of our Ice Age ancestors, without the weapons to protect themselves. Unless you have firearms can you seriously imagine having to fight off a Leopard, Lion or Tiger, never mind a pack off Dogs or Wolves, and what about Bears. I like to think I am a decent archer but I would have to be insane or desperate to even consider taking on these animals with anything less than than a serious firearm.
all this talk of wolves is rediculous there arent that many in the whole country, and even if lions and tigers did escape spread out over the country they wouldnt amount to much per square mile, you'd just have to be more aware when out and about and know what their paw prints look like.

i agree, when tshtf, are all these cages just gonna spring open? i think folk will have better things to do with thier time than release wolves and suchlike

(8 April 2013, 13:47)BeardyMan Wrote: I'm tempted to make some form of PVC pipe "Dog Waste Disposal Cannon" to eject it from the garden. Just for shits and giggles Wink

never mind the giggles, something like that would be very handy post SHTF for "repelling boarders"!!Big GrinBig Grin

(8 April 2013, 13:52)Binnie Wrote: i agree, when tshtf, are all these cages just gonna spring open? i think folk will have better things to do with thier time than release wolves and suchlike

Aye, I seriously doubt should TSHTF that any of these park wardens(?) are going to travel into work to release the beasts. And if TSHTF when they're at work, it'd be a bit foolish to release all the dangerous animals when you're still there...

(8 April 2013, 13:52)Binnie Wrote:
(8 April 2013, 11:25)bigpaul Wrote: all this talk of wolves is rediculous there arent that many in the whole country, and even if lions and tigers did escape spread out over the country they wouldnt amount to much per square mile, you'd just have to be more aware when out and about and know what their paw prints look like.

i agree, when tshtf, are all these cages just gonna spring open? i think folk will have better things to do with thier time than release wolves and suchlike
at last something we can agree on!Big Grin i'd be more concerned if someone left the local kennels or rescue centre open.
and what about Police kennels...those dogs are trained to attack people.

(8 April 2013, 13:53)bigpaul Wrote:
(8 April 2013, 13:47)BeardyMan Wrote: I'm tempted to make some form of PVC pipe "Dog Waste Disposal Cannon" to eject it from the garden. Just for shits and giggles Wink

never mind the giggles, something like that would be very handy post SHTF for "repelling boarders"!!Big GrinBig Grin

Indeed it would. I'd really like to find some real use for it, apart from flinging it at people! I doubt anything else is quite as much fun though...