Survival UK Forums
Wolves in the UK, post SHTF. - Printable Version

+- Survival UK Forums (http://forum.survivaluk.net)
+-- Forum: Discussion Area (http://forum.survivaluk.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Forum: An Open Box (http://forum.survivaluk.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=78)
+--- Thread: Wolves in the UK, post SHTF. (/showthread.php?tid=4723)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

RE: Wolves in the UK, post SHTF. - bigpaul - 8 April 2013

(8 April 2013, 13:55)BeardyMan Wrote: Aye, I seriously doubt should TSHTF that any of these park wardens(?) are going to travel into work to release the beasts. And if TSHTF when they're at work, it'd be a bit foolish to release all the dangerous animals when you're still there...

exactly BM, all the zoo people are going to be down the shops looting with all the rest of the numpties, their not going to worry about the animals, they'd be shouting about feeding their family.

(8 April 2013, 13:58)BeardyMan Wrote: Indeed it would. I'd really like to find some real use for it, apart from flinging it at people! I doubt anything else is quite as much fun though...

yes, but i was just thinking on a practical level-it could be another part of your "arsenal" post SHTF.....what is it Tesco's say"every little helps"??Tongue

RE: Wolves in the UK, post SHTF. - Metroyeti - 8 April 2013

Dog poop is ment to deter foxes put it around your fence to keep your chickens safe. Safley say that doesnt work as you play hop scotch avoiding standing in it around here, and theres loads of foxes

Beardy fill a slurry tank with it and spray abank with it. Farmer did that afew years ago Big Grin

(8 April 2013, 14:14)Metroyeti Wrote: Dog poop is ment to deter foxes put it around your fence to keep your chickens safe. Safley say that doesnt work as you play hop scotch avoiding standing in it around here, and theres loads of foxes

Beardy fill a slurry tank with it and spray abank with it. Farmer did that afew years ago Big Grin

probably better if YOU pee around the outer edges of the hen coop...i heard that is supposed to put foxes off! i heard of a very pissed off farmer who sprayed his local bank branch with slurry!

RE: Wolves in the UK, post SHTF. - Skean Dhude - 8 April 2013

Do not unestimate soft hearted liberals. Rather than terminate them they will release them to fend for themselves.

Some of them may be top predators where they come from but this is a different environment. For example a pond isn't the only watering hole for 200 miles. Many would not be able to survive winter.

Those that do, and I see wolves being among these, will adapt and spread. I don't see wolves entering cities though. Dogs, already in cities and used to humans, will be the issue imo. Wolves will be an issue fot those in rural areas rather than dogs.

You want to trap and terminate them rather than shoot them. You won't have enough ammo to terminate them all and you should save it for when necessary. Dogs and Wolves won't be easily trapped but it is the best way unless you are under immediate attack.

i feel "soft hearted liberals" will be too busy saving their own skins to worry about caged animals. and anyway just how many zoos and wild life parks are we talking about.?.".near" me: Bristol Zoo, Dartmoor Wildlife park, Longleat in Wiltshire, fat old lions sitting in the sun waiting for the meat wagon to arrive!

this is not something that worries me unduly, loose roaming dogs do though and they are everywhere!

RE: Wolves in the UK, post SHTF. - Luci_ferson - 8 April 2013

ive known a zoo keeper, and met her friends (other zoo people)
I reckon every single one of her friends would be with the animals in a time of crisis.
most of them are young and single and think these animals are their best friends.
they certainly wouldn't kill them.
soon as the food ran out and they knew tshhtf theyd let them free.
theyre only the ones ive met. I could be wrong but I imagine the others are all the same.

most of these people hate the human race and think animals are marvellous. its why some spend 6 days of the week with them totally voluntarily and without pay.

I have absolutely no doubts the uk will be brimming with wild animals once tshtf and they realise its not going to get better and no one is coming to help them.

probably the last thing they do as they die, is unlock the cage and let them go.

yeah right if you say so.

nah what I say don't matter, if it did wed probably be in a worse mess than we are already lol.

personally ive got no conection to any animal I cant eat.

but its surprising how close some of these people get.

on zoo watch one bloke didn't go home to his pregnant OH for 4 days because one of the gorillas was sick.
he slept in the gorilla house.

and that's not even an emergency situation.
some people are just a little strange.

actually I think that was an elephant , not a gorilla, but cant remember , the animal isn't important, it was the mans actions.

thats now, everything will change WTSHTF its surprising how an empty belly will focus the mind!Tongue

im just sticking to the plan of they shouldn't get this far up north until after im dead.
its my kids that will need to remember what they are and how dangerous they are.
one of my daughters has never seen one, so shed not know what it even was.
my other thinks its something that rules Narnia and is likely to great it.

who knows maybe we could kill the parent and train the cub, bet you wouldn't think too much about raiding me if I had a pet lion.

worked pretty well for the romans.