Survival UK Forums
A bit about me for your info - Printable Version

+- Survival UK Forums (http://forum.survivaluk.net)
+-- Forum: Noticeboard (http://forum.survivaluk.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Introduce Yourself (http://forum.survivaluk.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=86)
+--- Thread: A bit about me for your info (/showthread.php?tid=4791)

Pages: 1 2 3

A bit about me for your info - Jack - 16 April 2013

Hello chaps and chappettes.
My name is Jack and thought I'd say hello and introduce myself.

Keeping things on topic I won't mention hobbies and such that aren't relevant, this is after all a serious subject.

Iv been mentally preparing myself for one disaster or another since the early age of 13, now just as many years later at 26 I still can't say I am prepared, but that in itself is the right attitude to have.
I joined the army (infantry) at 17, picked up an injury a few years later making me unfit for active service but remained in the mod as a consultant, specifically in urban survival techniques and strategies.
After a marriage and a child I left my cushty though turbulent job for a life in steady civi street in transport (rail) which was a real eye opener to how fragile a lot of this country's infrastructure is...
I'm an active marksman, I shoot targets for practice and rabbit-muntjac-and other small game for enjoyment and food plus their skins (though still have a lot to learn about tanning effectively). I use a non FAC rifle and have no interest in acquiring a certificate, the reason being they will be more than useless in a survival or world changing event.

Feel free to ask anything on any of my future posts, I like to help and will give my two cents on most subjects.

Looking forward to trawling through the forum,
Jack

RE: A bit about me for your info - I-K-E - 16 April 2013

hi Jack and welcome onboard

sound like you have some use experience to pass on

RE: A bit about me for your info - Highlander - 16 April 2013

Welcome to the forum Jack,.. from the Scottish Highlands,.. you sound like an interesting guy who can contribute a lot of knowledge

RE: A bit about me for your info - Hrusai - 16 April 2013

welcome to the forum mate, enjoy your time here Smile

RE: A bit about me for your info - Straight Shooter - 16 April 2013

Hello jack and welcome from south wales

RE: A bit about me for your info - Skean Dhude - 16 April 2013

Hello and Welcome

RE: A bit about me for your info - Jack - 16 April 2013

Cheers for the welcome guys. I'm very happy to be here!

RE: A bit about me for your info - Tonka - 16 April 2013

Hello Jack

I think you'll find a lot of mixed views on the FAC issue here.

What area are you from?

Tonka

RE: A bit about me for your info - Jack - 16 April 2013

Hello Tonka,

I'm sure I will! And I'm sure my views on it are in the minority camp but have done extensive research into this issue where my opinion comes from. I actually wouldn't mind an 22LR to take care of the foxes on one of my permissions but I was coming from a purely survival viewpoint earlier Wink

I'm n the southwest (wilts).

Jack

RE: A bit about me for your info - Metroyeti - 16 April 2013

Welcome to the forum