Survival UK Forums
Wilderness Gathering 2012 - Printable Version

+- Survival UK Forums (http://forum.survivaluk.net)
+-- Forum: Noticeboard (http://forum.survivaluk.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: RV and Meets (http://forum.survivaluk.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=83)
+--- Thread: Wilderness Gathering 2012 (/showthread.php?tid=518)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

RE: Wilderness Gathering 2012 - bigpaul - 8 May 2012

(8 May 2012, 17:10)Scythe13 Wrote:
(8 May 2012, 17:07)bigpaul Wrote: now i'm confused.....why should i be in team Dorset??Angry

HAHA, DEVON!!! Sorry mate!!! A bit of fun with dyslexia there.
I might not be coming to the WD now. I think BP might try to kill me.
ARGH!!!!!

I meant WG!!!! Not WD.
now who's confused!Big Grin dont worry, i wont kill you for confusing D for Dorset with D for Devon........but i do give a mean bear hug!!!!Big Grin

RE: Wilderness Gathering 2012 - Scythe13 - 8 May 2012

I'd prefer a kind bear hug instead of a mean one haha.

RE: Wilderness Gathering 2012 - Tonka - 8 May 2012

(8 May 2012, 14:05)bigpaul Wrote: eerrr...Tonka......with a name like that i would have thought you would have known....didnt the Souix indians call Buffalo Tonka or is it Datonka in their language?? anyway look up "The Wilderness Gathering 2012" online, click on venue and you will see its: bush farm BISON centre!!! so yes in Wiltshire they call them BISON!!!Big GrinBig Grin
I thought it just meant 'big' in Souix... which buffaloes definitely are. I was named after the toy trucks though. I was given the name by someone pretty much as big as a buffalo / bison... he had to be pushing 30 stone.

I think your case for calling them 'Bison' in Wiltshire is pretty convincing... what with it being a bison farm and all Big Grin
(8 May 2012, 14:56)Scythe13 Wrote: Oh and spot on BP. 5 points to team Dorset! They were called Tatanka by the Souix. I learned that beastly bit of knowledge from "Dances With Wolves" and there was a wrestler called Tatanka from when I was a kid.

I was in Dorset at the weekend... no one seemed to be in the know regarding bison though. They did know a lot about coy carp however.
I'm sorry I let team Hampshire down... that damn museum in Canada told me lies.

RE: Wilderness Gathering 2012 - 00111001 - 22 May 2012

Pah - I now can't go to the Bushcraft show Sad So, be attending this on the Saturday. If I can get a pass then it'll be just me, if not the wife an little 'un will be coming with. Prefer to rock up on my lonesome, cause I can spend more money on buying stuff then Smile

RE: Wilderness Gathering 2012 - 00111001 - 25 July 2012

Time is rapidly approaching Big Grin

I'm 100% for this now, going to leave the dog to guard the house whilst we're out, so I'll be dragging the wench an little one around with me. I may require the assistance of a member or two. I'm going to need someone to distract the woman momentarily whilst I make my purchases Big Grin

RE: Wilderness Gathering 2012 - bigpaul - 25 July 2012

(25 July 2012, 15:11)00111001 Wrote: Time is rapidly approaching Big Grin

I'm 100% for this now, going to leave the dog to guard the house whilst we're out, so I'll be dragging the wench an little one around with me. I may require the assistance of a member or two. I'm going to need someone to distract the woman momentarily whilst I make my purchases Big Grin

we'll be there on the Saturday, i'll get the OH to engage yours in conversation while you do the buying!Big Grin

RE: Wilderness Gathering 2012 - Hrusai - 25 July 2012

ill hopefully be there Smile but im not sure when, if most people are there on saturday ill come then, cause i can only afford one day ticket Tongue

RE: Wilderness Gathering 2012 - bigpaul - 25 July 2012

most people who are camping and some of the trade stands will be packing up and travelling home on the Sunday, most people who are working work on the Thursday and Friday so the best day for a meet is the Saturday, day tickets are £10 per person.

RE: Wilderness Gathering 2012 - Hrusai - 25 July 2012

saturday it is then! look forward to meeting some of you guys Big Grin....i think im the youngest member xD i'll be 19 by the time the gathering happens Big Grin

RE: Wilderness Gathering 2012 - Barneyboy - 25 July 2012

this dont happen in norfolk its crap down here