Survival UK Forums
The world WILL run out of food. - Printable Version

+- Survival UK Forums (http://forum.survivaluk.net)
+-- Forum: Discussion Area (http://forum.survivaluk.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Forum: Threats and Risks (http://forum.survivaluk.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=46)
+--- Thread: The world WILL run out of food. (/showthread.php?tid=5188)

Pages: 1 2 3

The world WILL run out of food. - bigpaul - 5 June 2013

American site, subject as above. http://survival5x5.com/?p=1845

RE: The world WILL run out of food. - Scythe13 - 5 June 2013

That's one of the benefits of living in a 1st world country (developed country if you're PC), we'll just steal/buy the food from the 3rd world countries (developing countries for the PC few among us).

One of the reasons agri-countries are starving is because they produce food for us, those north of the equator. Those south of the equator (Australia being an exception) end up going hungry. Business says "Sell to the highest bidder" that's not a southern country. So, we'll have plenty of food. The starvation south of the border will probably equal out the population. Sounds harsh and sick, but that's just the way the world is at the moment.

RE: The world WILL run out of food. - bigpaul - 5 June 2013

the trouble is, if Monosanto have their way, ALL 3rd world countries will HAVE to buy their seed from them, therefore EVERY year they will have to buy more seed from the big company because as we know all GM seed does not reproduce the second year. all well and good for business but not good if you are a poor farmer in Africa or South America.

RE: The world WILL run out of food. - Scythe13 - 5 June 2013

(5 June 2013, 09:37)bigpaul Wrote: not good if you are a poor farmer in Africa or South America.

Which neither of us are....phew!

I get what you're saying, it's sick. But of all the countries, we'll be one of the last to run out of food.

(5 June 2013, 09:59)Scythe13 Wrote:
(5 June 2013, 09:37)bigpaul Wrote: not good if you are a poor farmer in Africa or South America.

Which neither of us are....phew!

I get what you're saying, it's sick. But of all the countries, we'll be one of the last to run out of food.
nope, the VERY last one to run out of food will be.........AMERICA! when it comes down to the wire the yanks will go in with guns blazing and just take what is left, not just food either, they'll grab all the last of the oil too.

RE: The world WILL run out of food. - Tibbs735 - 5 June 2013

I've heard on the alternative media that the global reserves of food are running rather low as we haven't had much of a chance to build them up.

(5 June 2013, 10:50)Tibbs735 Wrote: I've heard on the alternative media that the global reserves of food are running rather low as we haven't had much of a chance to build them up.
now that wouldn't surprise me at all, remember the EU food mountain and the wine lake? whatever happened to that?

RE: The world WILL run out of food. - Binnie - 5 June 2013

(5 June 2013, 10:50)Tibbs735 Wrote: I've heard on the alternative media that the global reserves of food are running rather low as we haven't had much of a chance to build them up.

i beleive you'll stuggle to beat mother nature, if there are no rabbits, foxes starve, due to no foxes rabbits increase, foxes thrive, rinse and repeat......

those that have the skills to provide for themselves at least have a chance!

RE: The world WILL run out of food. - Skean Dhude - 5 June 2013

There is plenty of food growing capability. It's just our governments pay farmers not to grow things.

When they get out of the way and leave it to the market then we will be fine.

RE: The world WILL run out of food. - NorthernRaider - 5 June 2013

Part of the problem is a huge part of the US and Canadian Maize crop is now being used to prodice fuel rather than feed people and animals, and in the UK environmentalists are blocking thousands of hill farmers from diversifying in order to survive so the sheep farmers are giving up trying to farm the high ground, and it only takes 6 months of neglect for bracken and heather to replace grass and the land is then useless and fewer sheep are grown.