Survival UK Forums
opsec - Printable Version

+- Survival UK Forums (http://forum.survivaluk.net)
+-- Forum: Discussion Area (http://forum.survivaluk.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Forum: Threats and Risks (http://forum.survivaluk.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=46)
+--- Thread: opsec (/showthread.php?tid=5255)

Pages: 1 2

opsec - Prepper1 - 8 June 2013

Bearing in mind that this is a public forum and probably under observance at any given time. Certain questions have been asked on this forum that shouldn't be in regards to stores and equipment.
Whilst yes certain groups may know who, where we are located via I.p. They aren't, or weren't aware of what some of the people on here may of had. Now they may be. That potentially has the effect of marking you as a future person of interest. Be carefull what you say
,this is a public forum after all.

and just my opinion, not a personal sleight against any one....Big Grin

RE: opsec - NorthernRaider - 8 June 2013

Nup sorry I think your over reacting, but non the less I respect your opinion and viewpoint.

So many parts of society bulk buy, set aside, coupon shop, coop purchase, group buy, stock up groceries and essentials the core point of your post is negated.

Where I would and do 100% agree with you is not talking in depth about your food stores, food & Fuel & medical caches or where they are, and of course not revealing your personal and family security arrangements. That most certainly could be detrimental.

But I think discussing MTCE essentials such as what to store and how much to store is particularily valid, EG yesterday I said I stored 2 KG of salt, loads of folks PMed or E mailed or replied suggesting for good reason that I store much much more so I'm better able to preserve foods.

Thanks though for raising your concerns it shows you are thinking and sharing I think tjis post is worth a five star rating.

RE: opsec - Prepper1 - 8 June 2013

Cheers n.r. Each to their own, I personally wouldn't be happy sharing, mind you im paranoid.......Big GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig Grin

RE: opsec - RoadWarrior - 8 June 2013

I too know what you mean P1, especially with the stuff that's making the "corporate owned media channels"...spying on civilians etc......But ....think that in this age "most things " are sadly watched by BIG BROTHER.......you aint paranoid either mate.....gonna keep this post short as I can see black helicopters circling above our 5 bedroomed terraced town house!!!! Smile

RE: opsec - Jonas - 8 June 2013

I don't mind talking about food stores. I'd like to talk about my firearms and ammo, but I lost it all in a boating accident last week! Sad

RE: opsec - Skean Dhude - 8 June 2013

(8 June 2013, 15:59)Jonas Wrote: I don't mind talking about food stores. I'd like to talk about my firearms and ammo, but I lost it all in a boating accident last week! Sad

So you were the one I crashed into when I lost all mine.

RE: opsec - Straight Shooter - 8 June 2013

I think your bang on P1 but I am paranoid also..............not

I wonder if SD should set up a survey to find out what is allowable to be discussed and what should not be discussed ? Anyone who joins in on a forum is having some effect on their opsec by default, but if we cannot discuss caching, stockpiling, logistics, reccomendations, quantities, reccomendations etc what the sodding point of the forum??

RE: opsec - Prepper1 - 8 June 2013

Well, I dont think its a matter of not talking about it..
IF your happy talking about it, fair do's as the saying goes, but there seems to be other just as paranoid as me on here, so please dont take it as a sleight if me or others dont reply.
Maybe if we have read and valued a post as I did yours n.r, but we dont wish to comment or "abstain" we could just type "opsec"
That way the poster knows we've read it but dont wish to comment.
Or we could just use the thanks button.

No probs P1 Smile

I'm going for a coffee UK prepping is getting far to complicated for lil ole me Smile