Survival UK Forums
WANTING....Sid's Surplus to open ASAP - Printable Version

+- Survival UK Forums (http://forum.survivaluk.net)
+-- Forum: Shopping Precinct (http://forum.survivaluk.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Wanting stuff (http://forum.survivaluk.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: WANTING....Sid's Surplus to open ASAP (/showthread.php?tid=5853)

Pages: 1 2

WANTING....Sid's Surplus to open ASAP - Scythe13 - 1 September 2013

Winter is a calling, and I'm wanting Sid's Surplus to reopen ASAP!!!

Got a lot of stuff to look forward to, possibly from Santa! According to the wife haha.

RE: WANTING....Sid's Surplus to open ASAP - bigpaul - 2 September 2013

yes, ditto please BMBig GrinBig Grin

RE: WANTING....Sid's Surplus to open ASAP - MCavity - 2 September 2013

I third that.

RE: WANTING....Sid's Surplus to open ASAP - BeardyMan - 2 September 2013

Thanks guys Big Grin

I'm working on it, worry ye not.
I have a few things I need to sort out first though.

So I'm on the lookout for stock, so what kind of things are people wanting from Santa this year??
I'll be getting more coats in (thinking the fishtail parkas this year (I want one!)) and some other bits and pieces, but if you want to give me a heads up that'd be sweet Big Grin

RE: WANTING....Sid's Surplus to open ASAP - Scythe13 - 2 September 2013

Blood quick clot stuff! Chemical lights. What about MRE's?

Water purifier tablets.

RE: WANTING....Sid's Surplus to open ASAP - MikeA - 2 September 2013

m65 parkas with the fur hood would be good, looking at getting one for this winter, may as well get it off yourself, I'm in the process of aquiring new sources of "bits and bobs", I'll give the relevant people the heads up soon, I think you know who you are !

RE: WANTING....Sid's Surplus to open ASAP - BeardyMan - 3 September 2013

(2 September 2013, 14:02)Scythe13 Wrote: Blood quick clot stuff! Chemical lights. What about MRE's?

Water purifier tablets.

You can get all those from ebay cheaper than I can sell 'em to you matey.

I'll be diverging away from run of the mill stuff to be honest, there are loads of surplus stores who have full time staff sourcing all the usual suspects, and I can't compete with those in terms of buying power, so I'm going to be stocking some different things.

I'll do the usual coats etc, but I'm looking to buy in things that I find useful (cause I get it cheaper that way) and there may also be some BeardyMan's own brand gear, but this is more likely to be old school traditional camping stuff rather than surplus.
Also, more weapons this time round I think.

Obviously, any requests for specific items then I'll do my best, but if I can find it cheaper on the internet somewhere then I'll just send you a link Big Grin

I have a lot of stuff to sort out first (new baby on the way, house is too small and too far away from where I work) so the time scale may slip slightly as I have too much to do and not enough hours in the day. Sounds familiar!

(2 September 2013, 19:49)MikeA Wrote: m65 parkas with the fur hood would be good, looking at getting one for this winter, may as well get it off yourself, I'm in the process of aquiring new sources of "bits and bobs", I'll give the relevant people the heads up soon, I think you know who you are !

They're not cheap those buddy! I can get 'em, but they're mostly brand new / unissued, and are well over £100
Issued ones only seem to be available in small / medium Rolleyes

RE: WANTING....Sid's Surplus to open ASAP - bigpaul - 3 September 2013

(3 September 2013, 09:38)BeardyMan Wrote:
(2 September 2013, 14:02)Scythe13 Wrote: Blood quick clot stuff! Chemical lights. What about MRE's?

Water purifier tablets.

You can get all those from ebay cheaper than I can sell 'em to you matey.

I'll be diverging away from run of the mill stuff to be honest, there are loads of surplus stores who have full time staff sourcing all the usual suspects, and I can't compete with those in terms of buying power, so I'm going to be stocking some different things.

I'll do the usual coats etc, but I'm looking to buy in things that I find useful (cause I get it cheaper that way) and there may also be some BeardyMan's own brand gear, but this is more likely to be old school traditional camping stuff rather than surplus.
Also, more weapons this time round I think.

Obviously, any requests for specific items then I'll do my best, but if I can find it cheaper on the internet somewhere then I'll just send you a link Big Grin

I have a lot of stuff to sort out first (new baby on the way, house is too small and too far away from where I work) so the time scale may slip slightly as I have too much to do and not enough hours in the day. Sounds familiar!

(2 September 2013, 19:49)MikeA Wrote: m65 parkas with the fur hood would be good, looking at getting one for this winter, may as well get it off yourself, I'm in the process of aquiring new sources of "bits and bobs", I'll give the relevant people the heads up soon, I think you know who you are !

They're not cheap those buddy! I can get 'em, but they're mostly brand new / unissued, and are well over £100
Issued ones only seem to be available in small / medium Rolleyes

moving again BM? so soon?

RE: WANTING....Sid's Surplus to open ASAP - MCavity - 4 September 2013

Any affordable Night Vision gear would be good.

RE: WANTING....Sid's Surplus to open ASAP - BeardyMan - 4 September 2013

(4 September 2013, 16:34)MCavity Wrote: Any affordable Night Vision gear would be good.

Affordable & Night vision don't really go hand in hand matey.

I used to have a Russian nightvision thing, set me back a bit - but that was shit. Evidently 1st gen. Good giggle for about 3 minutes, but not practical.

FLIR stuff is what you really want!!