Survival UK Forums
Forum Challenge...1 Month...FIRE!!! - Printable Version

+- Survival UK Forums (http://forum.survivaluk.net)
+-- Forum: Discussion Area (http://forum.survivaluk.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Forum: Bushcraft (http://forum.survivaluk.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=87)
+--- Thread: Forum Challenge...1 Month...FIRE!!! (/showthread.php?tid=5854)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

RE: Forum Challenge...1 Month...FIRE!!! - Mooski88 - 3 September 2013

I think I win. I waited for scythe13 got his fire going then knocked him out and stole his fire! Hahaha I'm the true caveman!

RE: Forum Challenge...1 Month...FIRE!!! - Scythe13 - 3 September 2013

(3 September 2013, 12:10)Mooski88 Wrote: I think I win. I waited for scythe13 got his fire going then knocked him out and stole his fire! Hahaha I'm the true caveman!

Probably not, I'm rushing around (all online) trying to get some stuff sorted out. No time for the fire yet. Had a fire yesterday to burn a little garden rubbish, but that wasn't a fire made the way I wish it was....hand drill :-(

RE: Forum Challenge...1 Month...FIRE!!! - bigpaul - 3 September 2013

I have seen some programmes on TV..i think Ray Mears did one that showed how primitive tribes actually carried fire with them!

RE: Forum Challenge...1 Month...FIRE!!! - BeardyMan - 3 September 2013

(3 September 2013, 12:35)bigpaul Wrote: I have seen some programmes on TV..i think Ray Mears did one that showed how primitive tribes actually carried fire with them!

Didn't realise a Zippo was classed as primitive? Big Grin

King Alfreds Cake will burn for ages, that was one way the oldies used to take an ember with them.

RE: Forum Challenge...1 Month...FIRE!!! - Mooski88 - 4 September 2013

(3 September 2013, 12:35)bigpaul Wrote: I have seen some programmes on TV..i think Ray Mears did one that showed how primitive tribes actually carried fire with them!

I think I saw summit like that in a programme. They would carry a coconut fill it with sand and have a hot coal inside. Portable fire.

RE: Forum Challenge...1 Month...FIRE!!! - BeardyMan - 12 September 2013

How's everyone getting on with this?
I'll be attempting it this weekend at some point

RE: Forum Challenge...1 Month...FIRE!!! - Stevew - 12 September 2013

i`m planning on having a go this weedend! i wish i tried last weekend before it rained! Smile oh well it`s supposed too be a challenge Smile

RE: Forum Challenge...1 Month...FIRE!!! - Scythe13 - 12 September 2013

Will be trying this later today. Got some of my stuff ready...well, some of it has been made aerodynamic thanks to chewing puppies! But stuff that can be worked with, will be.

RE: Forum Challenge...1 Month...FIRE!!! - Mortblanc - 13 September 2013

Did a training camp last weekend and spent the whole weekend building fires as demos and helping novices.

Does that count?

Mostly flint and steel but we did one spindle fire just to prove we could.

RE: Forum Challenge...1 Month...FIRE!!! - Scythe13 - 13 September 2013

Mortblanc Wrote: Mostly flint and steel but we did one spindle fire just to prove we could.

Did you make all stuff for the spindle yourselves? If so...great work.