Survival UK Forums
odds of everyday emergencies. - Printable Version

+- Survival UK Forums (http://forum.survivaluk.net)
+-- Forum: Discussion Area (http://forum.survivaluk.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Forum: Threats and Risks (http://forum.survivaluk.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=46)
+--- Thread: odds of everyday emergencies. (/showthread.php?tid=5996)

Pages: 1 2

RE: odds of everyday emergencies. - Binnie - 17 September 2013

i dunno who did the maths on that site, but most of it looks a bit over dramatic??

Especially the bits about gun related incidents, apparently i'm twice as likely to be a victim of a firearms incident, than to be be a victim of a motorbike accident.

i don't think so

the solar flare odds seem a little high to me too

RE: odds of everyday emergencies. - David075 - 18 September 2013

(17 September 2013, 15:32)Binnie Wrote: i dunno who did the maths on that site, but most of it looks a bit over dramatic??

Especially the bits about gun related incidents, apparently i'm twice as likely to be a victim of a firearms incident, than to be be a victim of a motorbike accident.

i don't think so

the solar flare odds seem a little high to me too

I was wondering about that myself With a major EMP coming in as the third most likely its something ive not done any prep for , but reading that it makes it sound as probable as snow in winter.

RE: odds of everyday emergencies. - Highlander - 18 September 2013

I am one of the ones who does watch the sun,... and it is a good, [ not great] possibility

RE: odds of everyday emergencies. - Mortblanc - 18 September 2013

I want to see references!

I want to see which data comes from the National Safety Council, which uses true figures collected from honest sources and which of their crap if from bogus websites and survival blogs.

They are not even quoting the official rate for heart attack, stroke and cancer.

There is a very big difference between something happening, and something happening that will affect you adversely.

Solar flares happen daily, big whoop.

Some cancer has a 1/5 incidence rate but a 90% survival rate.

Having a heart attack does not mean one will die of a heart attack.

RE: odds of everyday emergencies. - bigpaul - 18 September 2013

of course, you COULD just make up your own list.

RE: odds of everyday emergencies. - Mortblanc - 19 September 2013

Speaking of making up a list, the reference in the op has done just that.

Our National Safety Council website does not even list EMP as a possible hazard and absolutely not #3 three chance of causing harm or even occurring.

RE: odds of everyday emergencies. - Jonas - 19 September 2013

(17 September 2013, 10:57)Scythe13 Wrote: Being fit and healthy would protect you pretty well from 3 of the top 4.

Not necessarily - zombies prefer "fit and healthy" brains to eat... Tongue

RE: odds of everyday emergencies. - Highlander - 19 September 2013

(19 September 2013, 17:58)Jonas Wrote:
(17 September 2013, 10:57)Scythe13 Wrote: Being fit and healthy would protect you pretty well from 3 of the top 4.

Not necessarily - zombies prefer "fit and healthy" brains to eat... Tongue

Oh,... we are ok then Dodgy