Survival UK Forums
Where is the ideal place for a UK prepper? - Printable Version

+- Survival UK Forums (http://forum.survivaluk.net)
+-- Forum: Discussion Area (http://forum.survivaluk.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Forum: An Open Box (http://forum.survivaluk.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=78)
+--- Thread: Where is the ideal place for a UK prepper? (/showthread.php?tid=6137)

Pages: 1 2 3

Where is the ideal place for a UK prepper? - Tibbs735 - 7 October 2013

I would really value your opinions on where is, in your opinion, the best place for a prepper / survivalist to set up a retreat, or live in the UK? I'm currently leaning towards rural Northumberland / Cumbria, but I don't know very much about those areas.[/align]

RE: Where is the ideal place for a UK prepper? - Lightspeed - 7 October 2013

Geographically
Cumbria. Northumberland, North-West Scotland, Mid and West Wales, Dartmoor.
But climate is challenging in these places

Realistically:
Somewhere you know very well, that has low population density, fertile land, and reasonable climate

RE: Where is the ideal place for a UK prepper? - bigpaul - 7 October 2013

i'm not saying!!Big GrinBig GrinBig Grin

RE: Where is the ideal place for a UK prepper? - Midnitemo - 7 October 2013

Pharaoh islands,iceland,greenland,shetlands...pretty much anywhere where the population density is less(be the shetlands for me if i had enough cash to build an off grid pad.

only joking bout the first three!!!! even i know there not in the UK

Shetlands...18000 souls over 80 individual islands ...property / land fairly cheap...quite harsh and cold but i like that.

trouble is (as we have said before) these are islands, there is a fine amount of land surrounded by water, some are tree less and others are just scrub, a lot of these places the food and supplies have to be shipped in on a regular basis.

(7 October 2013, 16:52)bigpaul Wrote: trouble is (as we have said before) these are islands, there is a fine amount of land surrounded by water, some are tree less and others are just scrub, a lot of these places the food and supplies have to be shipped in on a regular basis.

the Shetlands have been inhabitted for at least a couple of millenia...things do grow...admitedly not just anything ...peat for fires...fishing ...sheep and ponies....never short of a bit of wind for the turbines...geo thermal heating would work well too...not going to be everyones cuppa tea but i fancy it

(7 October 2013, 17:00)Midnitemo Wrote:
(7 October 2013, 16:52)bigpaul Wrote: trouble is (as we have said before) these are islands, there is a fine amount of land surrounded by water, some are tree less and others are just scrub, a lot of these places the food and supplies have to be shipped in on a regular basis.

the Shetlands have been inhabitted for at least a couple of millenia...things do grow...admitedly not just anything ...peat for fires...fishing ...sheep and ponies....never short of a bit of wind for the turbines...geo thermal heating would work well too...not going to be everyones cuppa tea but i fancy it

bit too cold for me!Big Grin

even here, in north devon we have a different climate to south devon.

RE: Where is the ideal place for a UK prepper? - River Song - 7 October 2013

Brixton

(7 October 2013, 17:34)River Song Wrote: Brixton

you jest-surely?

RS is just trying to shorten the oddslol...everyone she can send to brixton is one less to worry about!!! the frontline is pretty scary even before shtf!!!!