Survival UK Forums
Blackout + Storm = What? - Printable Version

+- Survival UK Forums (http://forum.survivaluk.net)
+-- Forum: Discussion Area (http://forum.survivaluk.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Forum: An Open Box (http://forum.survivaluk.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=78)
+--- Thread: Blackout + Storm = What? (/showthread.php?tid=6250)

Pages: 1 2

Blackout + Storm = What? - Scythe13 - 29 October 2013

I'm not a huge conspiracy person, but it does seem 'odd' that the program Blackout was aired 1 month before the storm that's made nearly 300'000 homes 'off-grid' so to speak.

Government, engineering/geoengineering to see how people react? Coincidence? Or what?

At the very least it's ironic. But is there more to it?

Personally, I'm not sure. I kind of like the conspiracy idea. It gives an idea as to the kind of reaction we can expect from the gov, but also the reaction of the victims.

Either way, the coming weeks will certainly provide a few lessons for many people, us all included.

RE: Blackout + Storm = What? - Midnitemo - 29 October 2013

Wasn't Blackout a channel 4 production? if so then i'd be very surprised if it were a government tool.

RE: Blackout + Storm = What? - PreparednessUK - 29 October 2013

Yeah it was channel 4. Nat geo have just aired there version in the state hopefully it will air over here

RE: Blackout + Storm = What? - Rush2112 - 29 October 2013

So if you are in an area without power do you help out your neighbors if they need it, knowing this is a temporary situation? Could blow all the opsec stuff to hell.

RE: Blackout + Storm = What? - Midnitemo - 29 October 2013

that's a toughie....i'd say no but I am a hard hearted bastard though...might just be the beginning of the end and not a temporary blip.

RE: Blackout + Storm = What? - Highlander - 29 October 2013

You can still help people if you wish to without compromise, providing that you only do what you might do in `normal` circumstances,.. i.e., lend a torch or camping cooker, not helping at all, but doing well yourself might have the opposite effect

RE: Blackout + Storm = What? - Skean Dhude - 29 October 2013

(29 October 2013, 01:09)Rush2112 Wrote: So if you are in an area without power do you help out your neighbors if they need it, knowing this is a temporary situation? Could blow all the opsec stuff to hell.
You don't need to compromise OPSEC but remember that if you are overt then next time, and it may not be temp, they will remember you.

RE: Blackout + Storm = What? - bigpaul - 29 October 2013

there is a couple of older neighbours I might help out but most of them can sod off!!

RE: Blackout + Storm = What? - Geordie_Rob - 29 October 2013

(29 October 2013, 00:14)Scythe13 Wrote: I'm not a huge conspiracy person, but it does seem 'odd' that the program Blackout was aired 1 month before the storm that's made nearly 300'000 homes 'off-grid' so to speak.

Government, engineering/geoengineering to see how people react? Coincidence? Or what?

At the very least it's ironic. But is there more to it?

Personally, I'm not sure. I kind of like the conspiracy idea. It gives an idea as to the kind of reaction we can expect from the gov, but also the reaction of the victims.

Either way, the coming weeks will certainly provide a few lessons for many people, us all included.

I think the storm was just one of those things that happened. It also killed people in France & Germany. I would have another think though if it turned out that both those countries also showed "be prepared" programs.

I'm not being funny but they cant predict the weather for next week accurately never mind predicting a hurricane strength storm.

I do however think there is something behind the "look after yourself" type programs that keep being shown. A few years ago there was the "what if" scenarios (also channel 4 I believe) which showed a prolonged summer heat wave & I'm sure it also showed power cuts if I remember correctly.

Without meaning to take this off-thread, do you not think blackout could've been a way of saying "if you prep, it could still go wrong. Look at what happened to the prepper family"? After all, it showed the guy thinking independently of the system & he got chinned, got his stuff taken off him & battered a guy (possibly to death) out of desperation to feed his family. Just a thought.

RE: Blackout + Storm = What? - Sunna - 29 October 2013

in the past 2years or so you had.

goverment spokesman saying ,grow your own veg , you d not have to eat meat everyday to live.
also a great show on the bbc about eating insects.
blackout.
preppers on mstv like , cockroach , spunkieprepper...Big Grin
are thay trying to tell us something .