Survival UK Forums
Breaking on RT ( gas supplies to europe) - Printable Version

+- Survival UK Forums (http://forum.survivaluk.net)
+-- Forum: Discussion Area (http://forum.survivaluk.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Forum: Threats and Risks (http://forum.survivaluk.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=46)
+--- Thread: Breaking on RT ( gas supplies to europe) (/showthread.php?tid=6772)

Pages: 1 2

Breaking on RT ( gas supplies to europe) - NorthernRaider - 11 April 2014

On RT at 17.35 hours today, Putin warns that gas supplies to EU /UK could be turned off because of crisis in Ukraine.

RE: Breaking on RT ( gas supplies to europe) - bigpaul - 11 April 2014

I thought they had an alternative section that avoided Ukraine.??

RE: Breaking on RT ( gas supplies to europe) - Lightspeed - 11 April 2014

Yep, lower capacity Baltic pipeline into Germany opened a few years ago.

So Germany first and then their partners in crime Belgium and France....I wonder how much will make it to UK after they've all taken their essential needs?

RE: Breaking on RT ( gas supplies to europe) - bigpaul - 11 April 2014

who cares? no mains gas out here in the countryside, too far to pipe it.

RE: Breaking on RT ( gas supplies to europe) - TOF - 11 April 2014

Ever heard of Gas fired Power stations? Or does Devon have an app for that too?

RE: Breaking on RT ( gas supplies to europe) - Barneyboy - 11 April 2014

ijust got a bloody gas cooker Sad

RE: Breaking on RT ( gas supplies to europe) - Lightspeed - 11 April 2014

Ha ha Barney boy ;-) Classic

RE: Breaking on RT ( gas supplies to europe) - Smiffy - 11 April 2014

(11 April 2014, 17:46)bigpaul Wrote: who cares? no mains gas out here in the countryside, too far to pipe it.

There may not be mains gas to a lot of the properties but there are plenty of people using Propane bottles. Gas shortages will affect those also

RE: Breaking on RT ( gas supplies to europe) - BeardyMan - 11 April 2014

(11 April 2014, 17:46)bigpaul Wrote: who cares? no mains gas out here in the countryside, too far to pipe it.

Bullshit. I lived in Week St Mary, a village much smaller than Hatherleigh. We had gas in the village...
Just cause YOU don't have mains gas doesn't mean no one else in the town you live in have mains gas.

RE: Breaking on RT ( gas supplies to europe) - Binnie - 12 April 2014

as others have said, whether you use portables or a fixed tank in the garden, the gas has to come from somewhere!

a gas shortage has larger consequences though, 3 years ago during the last proper gas shortage, my work had to turn off mains gas and revert to fuel oil, if we didnt have the option of burning oil, we'd have stopped production (we actually had issues getting the boilers to fire on oil and suffered a massive financial penalty from the supplier as a result)

We produce about 250 tonnes a week,most of which goes in to supermarkets, and we are only about 5% of that particular products UK supply....