Survival UK Forums
How will you hide your bag? - Printable Version

+- Survival UK Forums (http://forum.survivaluk.net)
+-- Forum: Discussion Area (http://forum.survivaluk.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Forum: Clothing (http://forum.survivaluk.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Thread: How will you hide your bag? (/showthread.php?tid=6883)

Pages: 1 2

How will you hide your bag? - Scythe13 - 30 April 2014

I've been putting a lot of information about camo out recently, e.g. camo clothing, camo on an air rifle, etc, however, during my exchange and discussion with BM, I have managed to completely overlook some clear things.

We all have that good old BOB sat and ready, or in production.

If we plan to bug out and go camo/stealth. I'm assuming people will be using things like ghillie suits? I know that some hunters swear by them, and some paintballers even more so. However, if you're all camo'ed up, and you have a hefting BOB on your back...it's going to stand out! Most bushes don't have a waist strap on them.

Have you considered this and if so, how are you going to be accounting for this?

I've got a couple of thoughts, but would like to hear from everyone else first.

RE: How will you hide your bag? - BeardyMan - 30 April 2014

Make a cover for it; hessian strips, cordage, brambles an shit, job done.

It helps break up the outline of your body too, the bag, so that all helps I suppose.

Or just move when it's dark...

Or ditch the bag and go full tactical monkey with one of these

RE: How will you hide your bag? - bigpaul - 30 April 2014

Big Grin then you really will stand out a mile, especially in the office!!TongueBig Grin

RE: How will you hide your bag? - BeardyMan - 30 April 2014

There's also the option of using someone as a mule, carrying your load for you, whilst you (or someone else) scout ahead to make sure the coast is clear - leaving the pack mule with other team members.

RE: How will you hide your bag? - Midnitemo - 30 April 2014

just buy a tactical colour....not much else you can do really,if you have a decent rucksack already but its a bit "loud" then get an olive green/camo or black raincover.....you look like quasimodo anyway humping a bergen i dont think rocking the mobile tree look is going to do you much good and if you were out hunting you'd cache your bergen with the group.

have seen reversible rain covers giving two option's

RE: How will you hide your bag? - Binnie - 30 April 2014

Lol the MFH molle vest from that site is a cracker,

I've got one for airsoft, has a built in camelbak etc, very reasonably priced too

RE: How will you hide your bag? - Devonian - 30 April 2014

Sure camo is great when hunting and hiding in the countryside, but what about when you are passing through or visiting a city/town/village/hamlet, or even if you are checking out that could be an abandoned property and do not necessarily want to be seen as a threat?

Surely black/green packs would be more in keeping with the grey man principle?

So best option for countryside concealment, would either be a cover; removal and placement on the floor; or just add foliage to it when needed.

RE: How will you hide your bag? - Scythe13 - 30 April 2014

(30 April 2014, 21:52)Devonian Wrote: Sure camo is great when hunting and hiding in the countryside, but what about when you are passing through or visiting a city/town/village/hamlet, or even if you are checking out that could be an abandoned property and do not necessarily want to be seen as a threat?

So best option for countryside concealment, would either be a cover; removal and placement on the floor; or just add foliage to it when needed.

I deleted the middle part, because I'm thinking mainly of these 2 things, transition of persona (from wandering person to trained deadly individual not to be messed with).

It's for these reasons that I'm looking at a pack cover.

My good friend Jack Pyke has provided a solution:
http://www.jackpykeshop.co.uk/llcs-rucksack-cover.html

Also DeerHunter do a good textured poncho that closes up nice and small:
http://www.sportsmanguncentre.co.uk/product/964c9233003bbd3589649720/Deerhunter+Sneaky+3D+Poncho/

If you have a low profile tent, the poncho can be used over that as extra protection and cover, or you can even use it like a shooting hide if need be.

RE: How will you hide your bag? - Devonian - 30 April 2014

Yes I think both of those would help to maintain your camouflage both in the countryside and (by removing them) in a more urban environment such as when heading back from a hunting trip to your BOL.

RE: How will you hide your bag? - River Song - 1 May 2014

I also live in a rural context. Not posh. What I call 'working-class agricultural labour'. If any of this camo was seen here, you would stick out a mile. I am not convinced at all. It certainly is not 'grey man'.

Personally, and this is very personal, I mean it when I say 'Black goes with everything'.
Berghaus Windproofs/GoreTex will do me both locally and when I visit the nearby towns

Allons-y