Survival UK Forums
pet dogs turn into wild dogs. - Printable Version

+- Survival UK Forums (http://forum.survivaluk.net)
+-- Forum: Discussion Area (http://forum.survivaluk.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Forum: Threats and Risks (http://forum.survivaluk.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=46)
+--- Thread: pet dogs turn into wild dogs. (/showthread.php?tid=6991)

Pages: 1 2 3

pet dogs turn into wild dogs. - Sunna - 29 May 2014

how long would it take a pet dog to turn wild, if turned out of the home.

it would now have to get its own food/water.

find its own shelter.

RE: pet dogs turn into wild dogs. - Scythe13 - 29 May 2014

Not long, I don't think.

I can't remember who is was that posted it, possibly my arch nemesis NR, but it really struck home. Packs of wild dogs running around New Orleans after Katrina. My wife loves the program Pitbulls and Parollees, and you get to see a little of it on there. The threat could be pretty big after a while.

RE: pet dogs turn into wild dogs. - bigpaul - 29 May 2014

don't think some of the smaller dogs would last long although the terriers would put up a good fight and last a bit longer. far as I'm concerned the larger dogs would just be meat on the hoof...sorry paw!!Tongue

RE: pet dogs turn into wild dogs. - Sunna - 29 May 2014

after s13 thread on guarding many folk said a dog is a good idea for a lookout or guard while you sleep.
i dont have a dog and im a bit concerned about going up to one after shtf just in case it munches my hand or worse.

RE: pet dogs turn into wild dogs. - Scythe13 - 29 May 2014

I'm with you on this Sunna.

Shotgun is a pretty good solution.

RE: pet dogs turn into wild dogs. - Sunna - 29 May 2014

thanks for pm s13,think you got the wrong idea , i was thinking of getting a dog as a guard dog after shtf and walking up to one not knowing if its gone wild or not...Smile

RE: pet dogs turn into wild dogs. - Skean Dhude - 29 May 2014

Sunna, If they went that quick there would be a lot more people with chewed off faces.

If it is trained and a good dog as long as you are feeding it there won't be an issue. When you are not it is just like you and me. It'll do anything to survive even eat you or yours..

RE: pet dogs turn into wild dogs. - Binnie - 29 May 2014

I'm with SD on this one,

your dog will remain loyal as long as you are seen as a leader to the dog.

i do beleive however, that it takes quite a long time for domesticated dogs to turn feral, i know a few people that have lost dogs and found them living "ruff" weeks later (sorry couldn't help myself!)

as soon as they saw thier owner they reverted back to a waggy friend.

i think dogs are only pregnant for 28 days or something like that? then once the litter is 28 weeks, it'd certainly be a force to be reckoned with.

sounds like a movie i saw once......

RE: pet dogs turn into wild dogs. - CharlesHarris - 29 May 2014

When times get bad, feral dogs will be valued most as a potential food source. Open your own Korean restaurant!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1BTJEHjXs7g
http://cookyourpet.com/

Cuisine of Dog Meat
1. Bosintang (soup) Dog Soup is called, Gaejang, Gajangkuk, or Gujang, Gujangaeng,
Guyoukgeng. It has been called Bosintang from the later part of 1940,but during the period of the 1988 Olympic games, it was banned to use the name of Bosintang, so its name was replaced by Youngyangtang, Sacheoltang, Mungmungtang. But nowadays, the name of Bosintang is widely used instead of Youngyangtang. Bosintang is made by boiling dog meat with thin soy paste, tearing it into pieces, putting ingredients such as green onion, leek, stalk of taro, brake into broth, and boiling it again to make Bosintang. In Kyungsang province, to get rid of the smell, perilla purple are put in the soup. Perilla are
also used for ridding the smell. Taste of perilla is similar to that of dog, and it becomes a good match to dog meat. Side dishes of dog meat are Kimchi, fresh peppers, and cucumbers. Adding a glass of Soju(liquor) enhances the taste.

The standard amount of ingredients for one portion.

(1) Ingredients

100g of boiled dog meat, 500g of gravy, 20g of green onion, 10g of a leek, 10g of perilla leaves, 100g of taro stalk soaked in water.

(2) Sauce

8g of salt, 2g of mashed garlic, 3g of perilla, 2g of red pepper, 2g of mashed ginger, a little amount of pepper.

(3) Cooking instruction

After boiling the meat with gravy and stalk of taro for some time, boil again after putting vegetables an d other ingredients into it. Before eating, sprinkle pepper on it and put into an earthen bowl. The stalk of taro is to be kept in cold water one or two days to get rid of its smell and taste.

Bosintang Picture

2. Jeongol (boiled dog meat mixed with spices and vegetables)

Eat while boiling to boil down some of the soup. Add lots of dog meat and ingredients. Vegetables such as dropwort, perilla leaves, green onion and other ingredients such as garlic, pepper, and red pepper are put in. It can be served for a side dish with Soju (liquor) or for eating boiled rice. After eating, boiled rice can be mixed with the remaining soup.

(1) Ingredients

200g of boiled dog meat, 150g of gravy, 50g of green onion, 50g of leek, 40g of dropwort, 20g of perilla

(2) Sauce

3g of salt, 5g of perilla, 10g of mashed garlic, 2g of red pepper, a little amount of pepper.

(3) Cooking Instructions

Eat while boiling the soup, dog meat, gravy, vegetables and other ingredients in a pan. If it is excessively boiled, the color of vegetables can be changed, deteriorating the taste of the soup. So once it is boiled, cooking over a weak fire,
begin eating.

Jeongol Picture

3. Suyuk(a boiled dog meat)

Suyuk is eaten with specific ingredients or salt. Add heat to the meat by boiling water or steam for prevention from cooling down. Ingredients are to be made of the mixture of soy bean paste with perilla, and one can eat the dog meat with the
addition of salt or these ingredients and wrapping it with perilla and lettuce. Eating it with mildly-boiled leek is common. When eating Suyuk, Soju(liquor) is usually accompanied by for its taste.

(1) Ingredients

200g of boiled dog meat, 50g of gravy, 1g of salt, 1g of garlic, a little amount of pepper, leek, perilla leaves

(2) Sauce

It can be enjoyed at one's taste with the addition of mixture of soy bean paste, sesame oil, perilla oil, or with salt on it.

(3) Cooking instructions

Put dog meat and gravy and ingredients into pan, and steam it with a weak fire, eat with sauce. One can eat with boiled-leek. Perilla powder, perilla oil, mustard, vinegar are to be added to the sauce.

Suyuk Picture

4. Duruchigi (mixture with seasonings)

It is a food made by mixing dog meat with seasonings and vegetables, and boiling and roasting them. When eating Duruchigi, Soju(liquor) is usually accompanied for its taste.

(1) Ingredients

200g of boiled dog meat, 20ml of gravy, 50g of green onion, 50g of leek, 40g of dropwort, 20g of perilla leave, a little pepper, 5g of perilla oil, 1g of salt, 2g of mashed garlic, 2g of mashed ginger, 2g of red pepper

(2) Cooking instructions

Put gravy and vegetables into heated pan and roast them, and after vegetables become softened, put dog meat and ingredients into the pan and mix them. If it is not salty enough, dip in the sauce.

Duruchigi Picture

5. Dogmeat Food developed by Professor Ann

Digested dogmeat : Dogmeat hydrolyzed by protease
Dogmeat powder : Digested dog meat powder
Dogmeat extract : Water extract of digested dogmeat and medical ingredient
Dogmeat wine : Wine of wax gourd and digested dogmeat fermented by yeast
Dogmeat vinegar : Vinegar of wax gourd and digested dogmeat fermented by Acetobacter
Dogmeat red pepper paste : Red pepper paste fermented with the addition of digested dogmeat
Dogmeat soy bean paste : Soy bean paste fermented with the addition of digested dogmeat
Dogmeat soy sauce : Soy sauce fermented with the addition of digested dogmeat
Dogmeat-red pepper paste pickle : Dogmeat pickled in red pepper paste
Dogmeat Kimchi : Kimchi fermented with the addition of digested dogmeat
Dog intestine sausage : Dog intestine into which blood of dog, vegetable and dogmeat are stuffed
Dogmeat can : Canned dogmeat
Dogmeat noodle : Noodle with the addition of digested dogmeat
Dogmeat Chinese noodles : Chinese noodle with the addition of digested dogmeat
Dogmeat puree : Puree with the addition of digested dogmeat
Dogmeat soup : Soup with the addition of digested dogmeat
Dogmeat beverage : Beverage of the dilution of digested dogmeat
Dogmeat mayonnaise : Mayonnaise from vinegar, digested dogmeat, oil and egg
Dog oil mayonnaise : Mayonnaise from vinegar, dog oil and egg
Dogmeat ketchup : Ketchup from the mixture of digested dogmeat, tomato puree
Dogmeat bread : Bread with the addition of digested dogmeat
Dogmeat cooky : Cooky with the addition of digested dogmeat
Dogmeat hamburger : Hamburger pad made of dogmeat
Dogmeat cutlet : Cutlet made of dogmeat
Dogmeat ham : Ham made of dogmeat
Dogmeat sausage : Sausage made of dogmeat
Dogmeat cosmetics : Cream, essence and emulsion made from dog oil

Dogmeat hamburger restaurant in Korea
Address: Renoir Restaurant, 143-5 Songpa-dong, Songpa-gu, Seoul.
Menu: dog meat hamburger, dogmeat cutlet, dogmeat meatball, dogmeat soup.

RE: pet dogs turn into wild dogs. - Skean Dhude - 29 May 2014

Charles, I'm going to post that on the main site. Looks too good to not share and keep.