Survival UK Forums
10 Ways a survival bracelet can save your life - Printable Version

+- Survival UK Forums (http://forum.survivaluk.net)
+-- Forum: Discussion Area (http://forum.survivaluk.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Forum: Clothing (http://forum.survivaluk.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Thread: 10 Ways a survival bracelet can save your life (/showthread.php?tid=7589)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

10 Ways a survival bracelet can save your life - Skean Dhude - 13 March 2015

Basic stuff mainly but worth knowing. Although one isn't really a bracelet use imo.

http://adventure.howstuffworks.com/survival/wilderness/10-ways-a-survival-bracelet-save-life.htm

Wondering how many of us have a survival bracelet?

RE: 10 Ways a survival bracelet can save your life - Devonian - 13 March 2015

I own a few, but in all honesty I never wear them. I tend to keep them strapped around the shoulder straps of my back packs, but even then I also keep much longer lengths of paracord in each of my packs and in each vehicle as well.

RE: 10 Ways a survival bracelet can save your life - bigpaul - 13 March 2015

I wear them but TBH I think they would take too long to unravel in an emergency, carrying a length of paracord would be a much better idea and instantly available too.

RE: 10 Ways a survival bracelet can save your life - Straight Shooter - 13 March 2015

not got one....but i do have loads of paracord....loads and loads.

RE: 10 Ways a survival bracelet can save your life - Midnitemo - 13 March 2015

paracord and assorted cable ties backed up by gaffa tape found in my ghb or bug out bag......seldom more than a couple minutes away from my ghb which lives in the car.....I think the bracelets are a badge of honour(prepper sign)and fairly fekkin useless in real life.

RE: 10 Ways a survival bracelet can save your life - Sunna - 14 March 2015

paracord is part of the bug out dreamer dimwits mindset , go into the countryside mile after mile of wire fence , barns full of hay/straw tied with string and more than not string laying about in those barns.

come on bug out Rambo men are a thing of the past ....how did pc help those brits at home in ww1 or ww2 the miners strike power cuts in the 70s ,the riots in the 80s and a few years back .

if this site wants to move forward it needs to look forward and that means dumping Rambo .

storing food ....

growing food...

hunting ...

beardy men....

are where we need to be .....not Rambo [I do own lots of big knives]
Confused

RE: 10 Ways a survival bracelet can save your life - Tigs - 14 March 2015

i have about a mile of para cord on rolls ! if not more

RE: 10 Ways a survival bracelet can save your life - Mortblanc - 14 March 2015

Sorry Sunna, while I agree that there is little left for the Rambo types and in the proper setting one might be able to steal most of ones needs from the barns and fence rows, there are times when one needs cordage for specific needs and it is simply not going to be available unless one has it with them. That is especially true if one is injured and must remain in place until help arrives. One might have to "make do" with what they can reach in arms distance.

550 cord is also unique in its construction with 7 inner stands that are uniform and have consistent tinsel strength and the outer cover which is rated alone at over 250 pounds.

While I do not wear a "survival bracelet" I do use a belt woven from 150 feet of 550 cord. It has a two layer leather buckle tab that has a razor blade sandwiched between the layers and the buckle is made from 1/4" welded stainless steel.

I also replace the boot laces in my outdoor footwear with 550 cord, just in case.

And in every application where I can, I make rifle slings from woven 550 cord. The average 3' sling in a cobra braid is about 100'.

While not a "Rambo" I still like the stuff and have a 1000 foot spool in the work room.

It is one of those things I want to have available "just in case", which is why they call it "prepping".

The end of the world is not the only thing one must prep for. Life is filled with mundane emergencies that one must navigate to stay alive while waiting for the "big one" that never comes.

RE: 10 Ways a survival bracelet can save your life - Steve - 14 March 2015

I do fancy a rifle sling made from it, although as a boatbuilder I have many other rope options available to me. Sounds like a good evening project.

RE: 10 Ways a survival bracelet can save your life - Mortblanc - 14 March 2015

Also makes nice easy grab fobs for key chains and other items.

I think that one is about 10 feet of 550 cord.

[Image: DSCF1308_zps2fj7sbkd.jpg]