Survival UK Forums
What's going on over by you all? - Printable Version

+- Survival UK Forums (http://forum.survivaluk.net)
+-- Forum: Discussion Area (http://forum.survivaluk.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Forum: An Open Box (http://forum.survivaluk.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=78)
+--- Thread: What's going on over by you all? (/showthread.php?tid=8906)

Pages: 1 2

What's going on over by you all? - Jonas - 5 April 2018

http://www.breitbart.com/london/2018/04/05/lead-surgeon-london-hospital-war-zone-two-slaughtered-overnight/

Khan’s London: Lead Surgeon Says Hospital Like Afghan War Zone, Two More Killed Overnight
by LIAM DEACON5 Apr 20182172

Hospitals in Mayor Sadiq Khan’s London resemble those in a war zone, a senior surgeon working to save victims of the capital’s surging violent crime wave has said.
The shock comments made Thursday morning come after two more men were killed overnight, a couple of days after another night of violence saw a boy, 16, stabbed to death and a 17-year-old girl shot in a “drive by”.

Wednesday night’s killings, both in Hackney, East London, brought the death toll from suspected murder in the capital to 50 so far this year, pulling away from New York City, which London overtook at the weekend.

Dr. Mark Griffiths, the lead surgeon at Barts Health NHS Trust in East London, said that knife and gun wounds had moved from a “niche” part of his job to a daily chunk of his workload, and a growing number of victims were “children”.

“Some of my military colleagues have described their practice here as similar to being at [Camp] Bastion,” Dr Griffiths told the Today programme on BBC Radio 4.

“We used to look after people in their twenties. Now people are often in their mid to late teens and children in school uniforms are being admitted under our care with knife and gun wounds.”

He added: “Whereas a young boy being stabbed five or six years ago would have been a horror story, now it’s normal.

“People expect to see people being killed on a daily basis. Members of the public who are not involved in gangs or violence let this pass without comment and you get the society you deserve if you ignore violence.”

On Wednesday, Mayor Khan responded to the crisis by blaming “Tory” cuts to the police, and claiming the crime was affecting other areas of the UK, too.

Meanwhile, Amber Rudd, the Home Secretary, has demanded that social media firms censor online content in response to the crime wave, claiming that deleting videos will help save lives.

A Home Office spokesman said: “Gangs often post videos online that seek to incite violence or glamorise criminality to influence young people.

“The instant nature of social media also means that plans develop rapidly and disputes can escalate very quickly.”

RE: What's going on over by you all? - Straight Shooter - 5 April 2018

Easy JP cut backs and under funding its the new wave thinking over here, sentences starting with ..."now let me be clear" ..."we strive for 100% transparency " .....all this bullshit is designed to make us all feel safe and secure ...while they dramatically reduce budgets.....i have heard of talk suggesting stabbing becomes a new Olympic event ....lack of police officers ...what should we expect ? even armed response have had cut backs ....they pull the trigger and a little banner drops out ...with BANG it red letters ....this did work.....the bad guy fell over laughing enabling officers to catch up and cuff him..trouble is its only good for close range ....ten foot ....any further and the criminals start squinting like a Jap taking a dump ......as my friend Jeff often says " SS where will it all end? where are we going pal ? " .

RE: What's going on over by you all? - LAC - 5 April 2018

Police numbers are not necessarily the problem. The problem is a passive policing policy of waiting for crimes to take place and then policing the crime after it's taken place.

What's needed is beat bobbys, a strong arm policing policy and a good old fashioned smack round the ear. The stats reduced drastically when stop and search was being used and vice versa when it stopped.

But they are really really great in putting up lots of crime scene tape and standing inside it telling people to stay away. Why don't they stay away and go and ENFORCE laws! Hello, the crimes already taken place!

RE: What's going on over by you all? - bigpaul - 6 April 2018

6 more stabbings in London overnight.

RE: What's going on over by you all? - Straight Shooter - 6 April 2018

You stab em ...we'll slab em .....new saying from the London tourist board !.

RE: What's going on over by you all? - Mortblanc - 6 April 2018

I do not think you are seeing the "Big Picture" being laid out in front of you.

There are probably no more stabbing and shootings than in the past and they have been listed as "accidental incidents" rather than crimes so the reputation of the nonviolent Englishman would prevail.

When crime statistics suddenly and dramatically increase there will always be a push to control that crime by limiting the rights of the citizens. That always sounds good as long as it is the other guys' rights that are being stripped. You have to control "those people".

What new intrusive laws do they wish to pass, encouraged and allowed by the public to ensure their own "safety".

Chances are that within two weeks new laws will be proposed against knives and firearms, and they will not just affect London, but every citizen on every lane in GB.

RE: What's going on over by you all? - LAC - 6 April 2018

That's interesting, do you think they're doing the same thing in the US with all the gun control protests and pressure to ban assault rifles?
Do you think Oprah is going to make gun control her primary campaign issue when she runs for President?

RE: What's going on over by you all? - Mortblanc - 6 April 2018

For the first question, I am certain that is the situation after nearly 7 decades of observation.

As for the second question, if she runs gun control will be a big part of her platform. It is always a big part of the Democratic Party line and has been since the 1930 era.

RE: What's going on over by you all? - Straight Shooter - 6 April 2018

I agree with you MB...we have many examples along with many reinforcements crammed down our throats by the BOUGHT main media .....taking the piss out of the situation helps my frustration ....when friends visit us here lately `the the most popular topic right now is the Russians ,deadly nerve agents, Putin...i end up saying my piece .....then the silence and the look as if i just arrived from Mars.... i cannot believe the reaction i get to my reaction ....the power of the main media never ceases to amaze me ....to read,to listen,and to see on a constant loop of lies , bullshit and deception WORKS....people fall for it hook line and sinker ...news 24/7/365....i have actually made some bullshit deflectors out of an old set of ear protectors and ware real dark glasses......the majority of people start off a conservation...."did you see that on the TV,radio or papers "and usually all sources talk from the same hymn sheet ...to reinforce the agreed collective narrative or even just follow the lead of the main players ....although i truly believe that people are starting to wake up to it all and FEEL something does not sit right....they either can't quite put their finger on what it is ....or do get it....and do not care that much they assume its not really going to effect them directly....so long as they can get by unaffected they deem this okay and get on with what ever is throw their way.....then deal with it then....by which it's to late anyway....a prison with no bars in sight MB .

RE: What's going on over by you all? - LAC - 6 April 2018

Many of the younger generation now do not read newspapers, it's all newsfeeds on social media or web sites. Many do not trust the MM or governments. However too much wild conspiracy is also dangerous. Who do you believe? My rule of thumb is the truth is somewhere in-between. Also the best way to work out what the agendas are is to keep abreast of the geo political situation. After all, most if not all wars or conflicts are economic.