Survival UK Forums
SHTF - Printable Version

+- Survival UK Forums (http://forum.survivaluk.net)
+-- Forum: Discussion Area (http://forum.survivaluk.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Forum: Threats and Risks (http://forum.survivaluk.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=46)
+--- Thread: SHTF (/showthread.php?tid=9554)

Pages: 1 2

SHTF - TheFalcon - 7 July 2020

I read this book last year and i remembered a passage in it and have just read it again.

"but in terms of signs of a coming huge SHTF,keep in mind that when your freedoms and rights that are really important are taken away from you,the S is going to hit the fan soon.

And again,probably it is going to happen gradually enough that the majority of folks will not go out on the street to fight for those rights.

In fact,it may happen in a way that the majority of people will welcome it,under some new laws that "save lives" or "keep them safe" or similar.

But the result is going to be the same.Your rights and freedoms are gonna be taken because you are gonna be easier to manipulate then."

"I have mentioned all of that before,more than once,but prior to SHTF it is going to be worse when it comes to hate because again,a lot of stuff you cannot see clearly when you are in a state of hate of fear.

A lot of things can be moving in the background while you are coping with disorder,hate,and violence.

Your free access to independant information will be "shrunk"

Independant media will be harder and harder to find,or you will be fooled,and you will think that actually,you have access to free information while in reality, it is junk,propaganda.

The shutting down of free media and people who hold information will disappear.

These are some of the last signs,and again,most people will welcome it.Independant media will be almost "demonized".

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Dark-Secrets-SHTF-Survival-Violence/dp/1792159226/ref=sr_1_1?crid=1OSGKH11IZ62N&dchild=1&keywords=selco+begovic&qid=1591442295&sprefix=selco%2Caps%2C265&sr=8-1

Sounds like now.

RE: SHTF - bigpaul - 8 July 2020

This particular book was written by Selco who survived during the Bosnian conflict, what we have to bear in mind is that SHTF is not necessarily going to be a WAR situation, its quite liable to be something that creeps up on the population and is not even noticeable to begin with, its not all going to be BIG BANG we are in the middle of SHTF I believe it will be a bit more subtle than that.

RE: SHTF - CharlesHarris - 8 July 2020

In the US we are witnessing a communist insurgency. Revolutions purport to be centered in reason when in actuality they are centered in emotion. Limbic system trumps the prefrontal cortex. The ability to calmly and rationally establish a line of defense in the face of the psychological bashing of the BLMers is shaky (which is the desired effect by the BLMers - an off balance fighter is easier to knock down). The idea would need to get rapid exposure before the opposition can quickly redefine itself to sluff off the gambit.

Someone pumped a great deal of money into the street level leaders of the ANTIFA types before the balloon went up. There is effective and disciplined national and international command and control going on here. Who ever “they” are, they‘ve done their research and paid for some good psych people to be able to better understand what makes folks tick and how to turn that back on itself. For proof, consider the ramifications of the lack of any significant gun play by them...

They are trying to provoke the right to start a civil war.

RE: SHTF - Pete Grey - 8 July 2020

Yes Charles, BLM has very little to do with racism, those behind it want the police and the judiciary disbanded and a communist state set up. The anarchists, communists and thugs are manipulating the brain washed feeble minded to start racial conflict ( there is already a right wing backlash ) so it’s nearly there.

Front what I believe the only way to stop this is by ridiculing the protests, and showing them right or wrong history can not be changed or deleted. It’s no use stamping down on the movement as it will cause massive riots. If so as we have very few police the army will be called out to help and it will really will kick off, then there will be a complete breakdown, or is this part of the grand plan ?.

RE: SHTF - MaryN - 9 July 2020

I personally think the BLM movement in the UK is headings towards dying out. People are bored witless with a load of noisy rentamob idiots and to be honest, we all have far better and more important things to think about. We had a protest planned in our town (yawn!) a few weeks ago. I think it attracted a few seagulls and some people who evidently wanted a few hours in the park, but that was it. There are, so far as I am aware, no plans to repeat it!

RE: SHTF - bigpaul - 9 July 2020

I wouldnt be too quick to dismiss the BLM mob, especially the BLM UK branch, if you go on their website and read their mission statement you will see that their objective is to bring down the capitalist system and replace it with a communist state, at least 2 of the leaders refer to themselves as "trained Marxists".

RE: SHTF - CharlesHarris - 9 July 2020

To clarify my earlier statement re revolutions being limbic and not prefrontal cortex driven...

At their core, what I could term the "best" revolutions (those revolutions most needed to advance the basic human condition) are centered more upon intellect and reason than emotion. Revolutions based only on the primary goal of achieving power over others are marked by their crass appeal to emotion, hence they are limbic in appeal.

What we’ve been seeing in our streets and on CNN et al, has been carefully calculated by whatever passes for “the cabal“ to achieve a maximum impact. Calculation implies reason; the cabal may thus claim their desire for change to be of the intellect (prefrontal cortex origin), hence of superior virtue; such claims are clearly hypocritical. The street assaults, attacks on the history and culture of the west are all designed to push frustrated, ineffective people toward action by steering them to respond from their limbic system (a basic requirement for them to fulfill the traditional role of “useful idiots”).

Various justifications for the antisocial actions are bandied about by the baddies, but appear to be done not so much to convince people of the positive reasons for those actions, but instead to keep them confused about the values behind the actions, which makes them less likely to be reactive against it.

There are many people out there whose daily interaction with reality is filtered through the most dominant and enduring aspect of their persona, that being a sense of unease, of not feeling right within themselves - victimhood. These feelings are not genetic in origin (nature), but produced by brainwashing and propaganda (nurture). They uniformly lead to a state of anomie. Anomie being uncomfortable, pushes people toward frustration and anger, discharged through projection, expressed as anger and blame. These were the primary actors in all prior Communist insurgencies.

The initial or superficial takeaway of the average observer of street actions will be based from their reaction to the raw emotion and aggression, provided by their emotional center (limbic). The more “woke” they are as a responsible adult, the more likely they will be to push down that initial emotional response to the mob and to quickly access the intellectual capacity they have, for the purposes of reason and debate re what they’ve seen and heard. At least we would hope so...

RE: SHTF - CharlesHarris - 9 July 2020

The proximate cause of revolutionary protests is largely irrelevant to the leadership objectives.

The St Petersburg bread riots are the Pre-Soviet analogy to the current George riots. Popular with the low IQ folks, and useful camouflage for the leadership extortion and control plan. The Reds have been quite effective in their imagery. Mayors and police literally kneeling in submission to the mob is a powerful picture. All tend to demoralize the opposition and encourage the Burn Loot Murder crowd. Doesn’t bode well for peaceful resolution. Might be time to check those fire extinguishers and canned goods. July and August are historically hot months.

RE: SHTF - Pete Grey - 19 July 2020

Whether covid 19 evolved from the Wuhan wet food market or a laboratory, one thing is certain, China has seized the opportunity to use it as a diversion, while the west is preoccupied with the pandemic, to further it’s expansionist plans. It’s also strange that China seems to have had remarkably few infections compare to the west.

RE: SHTF - Straight Shooter - 19 July 2020

I just do not buy it ! Pete .........look at the freedoms lost and the more controls set in place...these are not temporary , it’s the new normal and sold as protecting Us from this virus .....everything that happens that’s bad is this virus and this alone it will take the blame for anything and everything funnelling our attention and focus at ONE point .......well it’s not for me !