Survival UK Forums

Full Version: Moving into a new place
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hi Everyone

On the 1st of March I'm moving into a new place. Somewhere all of my own, where I don't have to worry about AlyBear seeing a gas mask and thinking I've gone off the deep end!

Who's up for putting up a million shelves with me? haha. In all seriousness, the room is massive. The ceilings are over 12 feet high!!! There's a big double bed with 2 huge draws underneath! They can hold a lot of beef jerky! Also, there's a wardrobe that needs its base filled with tins of food and bottles of water.

If anyone is in the Bedminster area, drop me a PM. I'm still getting to know Backwell, and already I'm moving away from there haha.
its always interesting moving into a new place, seeing what you can do with it, what you can put where. i just wish i could afford to BUY my own place, i have lived on housing estates all my life & i'm getting a bit hacked off with them.Tongue
i would of,but i didnt like the way you mentioned that big double bed and you being their on your own...
and that wardrobe...i bet thats where you keep your gimp masks, i mean gas
masksConfused
He is just being friendly and Alybear will be watching. Most bears are very tough, strong and not something to mess with.
HAHA, don't worry Mike, you're not my type mate. I've never been one for lion avatar people haha.

I'm going to try and get dimensions and all that once I move in. On a really cool up note, there's a crazy skylight thing I'll take a picture of once I'm in there. That will be an emergency exit if I need it. Once I'm on the roof, at least I can get a view of the situation, WTSHTF.
South Bristol can be "interesting" RJ will tell you more about that. I nearly moved into Airpoint last year - very secure gated type commununity.

Google it for more info, I foresee a lot more of them when it comes to pre-push and shove.

Ter
(19 February 2012, 19:57)Terry Wrote: [ -> ]South Bristol can be "interesting" RJ will tell you more about that. I nearly moved into Airpoint last year - very secure gated type commununity.

Google it for more info, I foresee a lot more of them when it comes to pre-push and shove.

Ter

Interesting? Please elaborate. Don't forget I'm new to the Bristol area.

I'm living with 2 Chinese Phd students. So that'll be cool. They'll be super busy and will be keeping themselves to themselves. Which means I'll be left alone to do my own thing. Did someone say I should build a ghille suit? haha, maybe not yet. But it's on my to do list.
I have a lot of friends in Bedminster and a few enemies. Head for west street to enjoy an abundance of pubs. Bedmi also has a good Screwfix store and a massive B&Q as well as a drywall merchants called Walls and Ceilings where you can buy all you need for building those convenient false walls
(19 February 2012, 22:45)Reality Jones Wrote: [ -> ]I have a lot of friends in Bedminster and a few enemies. Head for west street to enjoy an abundance of pubs. Bedmi also has a good Screwfix store and a massive B&Q as well as a drywall merchants called Walls and Ceilings where you can buy all you need for building those convenient false walls

HAHA! RJ, you legend!!! That's some awesome thinking!!! You've just supplied the fuel for one of my first jobs when I move in.

I'm looking to get a ladder that can reach up to my funky skylight. I need it to....urm....."clean up" the skylight....NO, I wouldn't dare sort out a way to open it up at a moments notice and get a better view of the property and have free access to the roof, and surrounding roofs. Why would you say such a thing ;-)
Scythe,

Look at it from another viewpoint. Could you put a false room on, making it look like just another room and having that space available.

Try and look at the whole area and see what is best.
Pages: 1 2 3